The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jordan\
Cambridge is Cambridge, you shouldn't complain!

Lol, I'd of course be ecstatic to get in anywhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I also gave one of trinity's interview papers a try

*cries*
Original post by Number Nine
I think I've sat more modules than you (You've only done AS maths right?) but I'm just really badly motivated lol

yup.. :/
Original post by Jordan\

*cries*

5 months until interview, eek
I did all those trinity things if you get stuck on any let me know...

Posted from TSR Mobile
They arent that hard just abit odd, all in all they are each very quick.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jordan\

*cries*

Also there is something to do with mathematical maturity. It increases after getting very comfortable with C3/4 and FP modules. Dont look at then or anythingb yet. Just do some MAT/SMC and content for now. Worry about the rest october time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Also there is something to do with mathematical maturity. It increases after getting very comfortable with C3/4 and FP modules. Dont look at then or anythingb yet. Just do some MAT/SMC and content for now. Worry about the rest october time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I'm going to spend summer trying to get C3, C4, FP1 and FP2 confortable with some BMO, SMC etc. in-between when I get a little bored with it all~ need to do S1/2 as well but that can wait until the end :lol:
Original post by Jordan\
I think I'm going to spend summer trying to get C3, C4, FP1 and FP2 confortable with some BMO, SMC etc. in-between when I get a little bored with it all~ need to do S1/2 as well but that can wait until the end :lol:

You might aswell get comfortable with stats pr mechanics. I wish i did for step III. Also i was asked a mech and stats question at interview. Duno how i got the stats one right lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
You might aswell get comfortable with stats pr mechanics. I wish i did for step III. Also i was asked a mech and stats question at interview. Duno how i got the stats one right lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would I even get asked a stats question if I haven't done a stats module yet?
Original post by Jordan\
Would I even get asked a stats question if I haven't done a stats module yet?

No way. If you do tell them there and then.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi ild like to know if you prefer students who go to a grammar school over students that don't go to a grammar

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cathartic
Hi ild like to know if you prefer students who go to a grammar school over students that don't go to a grammar

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you're talking personally I don't mind, as long as they're a good person. If you're talking about Cambridge specifically, they do not discriminate between privately educated or comprehensive etc. The only basis for which they do care about your school background is your performance relative to your school's average performance, but that is personal to the applicant
Original post by cathartic

Posted from TSR Mobile

I despise anybody and everybody from non fee-paying schools
Original post by Number Nine
I despise anybody and everybody from non fee-paying schools

Bantz
Original post by Jordan\
Bantz

Go back to your coal mine you state school scruff

(/s in case this offends you and you get upset)
Any of you guys know if different colleges weight different parts of the application process more? For example do some colleges weight GCSEs as well as UMS and other colleges more towards just UMS?

Thanks
Original post by econam
Any of you guys know if different colleges weight different parts of the application process more? For example do some colleges weight GCSEs as well as UMS and other colleges more towards just UMS?

Thanks

No they don't. None of them has any fixed format or particular weighing of any aspect of application. They all look each application individually and holistically.
Original post by econam

Thanks

That kind of thing would change every year I would say. As every college considers everything during the process, I would say more often that not when it comes to applications that are border line it's more up to the opinion of the DOSs and Admissions officers about what is more important in each subject.

There's a handy document that I saw once (that I can't find atm, perhaps Jneil can point you in the right direction?) that shows the relation between various tests, qualifications etc. and the results in the tripos!
I talked to the admissions coordinator at Queens' this afternoon. I asked about how the TSA was used for Computer Science and apparently it's very important for them - something I didn't expect to hear given that it's not used at all colleges. Although, there's a possibility that they along with many other colleges are replacing it with a new Computer Science-specific test this year.
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending