The Student Room Group

Unemployed graduates whats it like ?

Hi

So ive finished uni about a month ago and now looking for a job. Yeah its so boring at home looking and applying I might even go back to my retail job and work part time and apply to jobs related to my degree. But I cant really see many jobs in relation to my degree.

It makes me think was it all worth it since last Xmas I was working hard even on the weekends and missed out a lot with family at home and missed a lot of TV as I would come home late. Still had time with my uni friends. But now I have the time it feels alright as im not doing any uni work but it still gets boring. I have time to do the little things I couldnt do before like watching some TV and some movies.Ive been on holiday aswell and came back a week ago.

So whats it like fo you guys. ??
Reply 1
Anyone ?
Reply 2
Bump
Just enjoy as much Netflix, weed and pizza as you can before its all ripped away from you...but then it looks like your ready to start 'real life'.
Reply 4
Original post by Lemon Haze
Just enjoy as much Netflix, weed and pizza as you can before its all ripped away from you...but then it looks like your ready to start 'real life'.

Dosent it get boring. Tbh its good taking a break and realising you dont have any uni work. But you want start working ie proper work such as waking up in the morning for something.
At first it's nice to be able to relax after working so hard but after a few weeks it starts to get boring and then the bordom gets increasingly worse until you're willing to take on any job at all and then when you realise you can't even get a min wage job it's just horrendous. Word of advice: find out what you actually want to do and work towards that rather than endlessly applying to dead end jobs as a means to get out of the house.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending