The Student Room Group

OCR Spanish F724 A2 exam June 10th 2015

Feel like I'm the only person on TSR doing OCR A level Spanish.

Anyone else done this exam (F724) today?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jack_ob96
Feel like I'm the only person on TSR doing OCR A level Spanish.

Anyone else done this exam (F724) today?

Yep. Was alright. What essay did you do?
Reply 2
Original post by cockerel14
Yep. Was alright. What essay did you do?

Wasn't too bad was it!

13, any idea how much they penalise for wrongly sourced facts?
Wasn't too bad was it!

13, any idea how much they penalise for wrongly sourced facts?

Could have been a lot worse!

Especially liked the banter about the eye scientist wearing glasses - 'a fine question.'

I didn't know anything about that, as long as they seem realistic then I'm sure you'll be fine, wouldn't have thought they would penalise.
Reply 4
Original post by cockerel14
Could have been a lot worse!

Especially liked the banter about the eye scientist wearing glasses - 'a fine question.'

I didn't know anything about that, as long as they seem realistic then I'm sure you'll be fine, wouldn't have thought they would penalise.

I'm resitting and it was a lot better than last years paper definitely. Haha yeah I know. Translation was sound as well.

Can you remember what you put for the a manos de question, for the text on Álvaro in Germany?
Did anyone do question 18 about writing a blog on which historical period has had the most impact on your life?
Reply 6
I'm resitting and it was a lot better than last years paper definitely. Haha yeah I know. Translation was sound as well.

Can you remember what you put for the a manos de question, for the text on Álvaro in Germany?

There was a text on Germany? Did I miss a page????

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Oh sorry I do remember, I'd completely forgotten what the second text was on, I don't remember that question though :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Yaz97
Oh sorry I do remember, I'd completely forgotten what the second text was on, I don't remember that question though :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

hahaha it was the task 8 questions, the ones with the underlined phrases you had to write in a different way in Spanish!
Reply 9
hahaha it was the task 8 questions, the ones with the underlined phrases you had to write in a different way in Spanish!

I really don't remember that one! But "a manos de" sounds like "at the hands of", so I'd probably have said something like "a causa de" or one of those alternatives (resultado, consecuencia etc)... not sure if that's right though as I can't remember the context!

Do you remember what you put for the two part one asking what the words "mil" and "cien" referred to in the first text?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Yaz97
I really don't remember that one! But "a manos de" sounds like "at the hands of", so I'd probably have said something like "a causa de" or one of those alternatives (resultado, consecuencia etc)... not sure if that's right though as I can't remember the context!

Do you remember what you put for the two part one asking what the words "mil" and "cien" referred to in the first text?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah well think I just guessed wrongly then haha.

I remember that question but can't remember what I put for it sorry :frown:

On the translation, what did you translate 'instalarse' into? I wrote 'integrate themselves' but dictionary translation says 'settle down'...
Reply 11
Ah well think I just guessed wrongly then haha.

I remember that question but can't remember what I put for it sorry :frown:

On the translation, what did you translate 'instalarse' into? I wrote 'integrate themselves' but dictionary translation says 'settle down'...

I could be wrong as I don't remember it, so you might have guessed right :') and you'll probably be okay with that, I think I just put move, as in move house... or something along those lines :smile:

Did you get the meaning of "inauguraron" for the cinema one, where you have to find the word in the text? I took a guess between closed and opened and checked with my teacher afterwards and I CHOSE THE WRONG ONE :facepalm: (it was opened)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by Yaz97
I could be wrong as I don't remember it, so you might have guessed right :':wink: and you'll probably be okay with that, I think I just put move, as in move house... or something along those lines :smile:

Did you get the meaning of "inauguraron" for the cinema one, where you have to find the word in the text? I took a guess between closed and opened and checked with my teacher afterwards and I CHOSE THE WRONG ONE :facepalm: (it was opened)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think so, I initially wrote reabrieron then crossed it out and another phrase...which I've managed to forget, fueron something.

Haha at least it was only 1 mark anyway:bl: what essay did you do?
Reply 13
I think so, I initially wrote reabrieron then crossed it out and another phrase...which I've managed to forget, fueron something.

Haha at least it was only 1 mark anyway:bl: what essay did you do?

Haha that's the best emoji I've ever seen :bl: I did the discursive environment one (cliché, I know), about whether Spanish peoole do enough for the environment... felt like the best A2 essay I've ever done, so hoping for a good grade :biggrin: hbu?
Reply 14
Original post by Yaz97
Haha that's the best emoji I've ever seen :bl: I did the discursive environment one (cliché, I know), about whether Spanish peoole do enough for the environment... felt like the best A2 essay I've ever done, so hoping for a good grade :biggrin: hbu?

I know isn't it!

Was that question 13? That's the one I did, reckon I wrote over the word count but felt like a good enough essay. That's encouraging then it is 45 marks like so if it went well you've a good chance.
Reply 15
I know isn't it!

Was that question 13? That's the one I did, reckon I wrote over the word count but felt like a good enough essay. That's encouraging then it is 45 marks like so if it went well you've a good chance.

Yeah 13 I think. My teacher always told me it doesn't matter if you go over the word count, it's just a guideline as there's no point in writing 1,000 words when it's possible to get full marks with 400, but as long as you didn't lose time on the other stuff to write extra on the essay then you'll be fine! I think I wrote around double the word count, with a page for the plan as well :') do you think it went well enough to hit your target?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by Yaz97
Yeah 13 I think. My teacher always told me it doesn't matter if you go over the word count, it's just a guideline as there's no point in writing 1,000 words when it's possible to get full marks with 400, but as long as you didn't lose time on the other stuff to write extra on the essay then you'll be fine! I think I wrote around double the word count, with a page for the plan as well :':wink: do you think it went well enough to hit your target?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good! Better than not writing enough anyway haha. I need a B minimum to get into uni and the paper was okay overall so praying it's good enough D: You?
Reply 17
Good! Better than not writing enough anyway haha. I need a B minimum to get into uni and the paper was okay overall so praying it's good enough D: You?

Well the grade boundaries are so low that if you finished the paper in enough time to be able to write extra on the essay then you must have known it all well enough for a B, if not higher :biggrin: and I hope so, Spanish is my "easy" subject so if I've fluffed that up then I'm screwed for the rest! :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by Yaz97
Well the grade boundaries are so low that if you finished the paper in enough time to be able to write extra on the essay then you must have known it all well enough for a B, if not higher :biggrin: and I hope so, Spanish is my "easy" subject so if I've fluffed that up then I'm screwed for the rest! :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha okay fair enough, good luck for results day! :zorro:
Reply 19
haha okay fair enough, good luck for results day! :zorro:

You too, and any other exams if you have any left!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending