The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Would Birmingham still accept me If I get ABB?

I applied for chemical engineering and got an offer, I firmed it but Im worried that I wont be able to get the required A*AA grades, the lowest that I would be getting would be ABB, so do I still have a chance??
Original post by fuzka
I applied for chemical engineering and got an offer, I firmed it but Im worried that I wont be able to get the required A*AA grades, the lowest that I would be getting would be ABB, so do I still have a chance??

Hi :smile: I'm also applying for Birmingham this year. It's difficult to say as noone knows what results day holds but I'd say that because of how high your offer is, it may be unusual for them to give you your place if you got ABB. Having said that, I guess it depends on other students on the course and how many meet their offer, and also they might go on the merit of your personal statement too. If they say no on results day I guess you could always try ringing up and attempting to bribe your way in - I'm sure thousands have before!
Good luck :smile:
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
Original post by 1234girl567
Hi :smile: I'm also applying for Birmingham this year. It's difficult to say as noone knows what results day holds but I'd say that because of how high your offer is, it may be unusual for them to give you your place if you got ABB. Having said that, I guess it depends on other students on the course and how many meet their offer, and also they might go on the merit of your personal statement too. If they say no on results day I guess you could always try ringing up and attempting to bribe your way in - I'm sure thousands have before!
Good luck :smile:

That's good, what course?.

I was asking to see what their track record is, if they over inflate their entry requirements but still let in students with the ABB grade.
Original post by fuzka
That's good, what course?.

I was asking to see what their track record is, if they over inflate their entry requirements but still let in students with the ABB grade.

Yeh I'd say that's a possibility :smile: & English Language! :h:
Last year my offer was AAA and I was let in with ABB. On our course, people have been accepted either through Track or Clearing with offers as low as BBB.
I got accepted by Birmingham Uni with ABB, but it was for a course requiring AAB.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending