The Student Room Group

Unconditional Offers? (UCL, Manchester, Birmingham, York, SOAS)

So I’ve just applied to do Archaeology at UCL, SOAS, Manchester, Birmingham, and York, and I was curious as to whether or not any of my choices offer unconditional offers for these courses (the entry requirements for all of them are AAB-ABB and I’ve been predicted A*AB, if that helps)

Obviously I’m aware that I shouldn’t get my hopes up for an unconditional, but I’m still curious.
Original post by AylaKJ
So I’ve just applied to do Archaeology at UCL, SOAS, Manchester, Birmingham, and York, and I was curious as to whether or not any of my choices offer unconditional offers for these courses (the entry requirements for all of them are AAB-ABB and I’ve been predicted A*AB, if that helps)

Obviously I’m aware that I shouldn’t get my hopes up for an unconditional, but I’m still curious.

Birmingham popularised the whole 'unconditional if firmed' trend, but no idea about archaeology specifically.
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
Birmingham popularised the whole 'unconditional if firmed' trend, but no idea about archaeology specifically.

Ah, thank you though!
Reply 3
Completely forgot I ever posted this, but in case it ever helps anyone else:

York offered me an unconditional if I made them my first choice, I still opted for UCL though. UCL's requirements were ABB if I remember correctly, but on results day I wound up with BBB but they still gave me the place lol. Was a student rep for a couple years, got impacted by Covid, sort of lost interest towards the end (a personal thing) and graduated on time with a 2:1 Honours in 2022.
Original post by AylaKJ
Completely forgot I ever posted this, but in case it ever helps anyone else:

York offered me an unconditional if I made them my first choice, I still opted for UCL though. UCL's requirements were ABB if I remember correctly, but on results day I wound up with BBB but they still gave me the place lol. Was a student rep for a couple years, got impacted by Covid, sort of lost interest towards the end (a personal thing) and graduated on time with a 2:1 Honours in 2022.

Congrats on graduating with a decent result under COVID, not a small achievement.

Just to note that unconditional offers have been slowly phased out in the interim, so are likely to be less common now than when you applied.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending