The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by moment of truth
Won't happen. Not enough positives. Thank you for the suggestion though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Even just one or two would work, or achievements. Like "I had a shower today", "I went to the shop", "I met up with friends and saw a movie", etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I bet you can pick 5 positives for each day and you wont even realise.

Today iv done naff all apart from roll around in bed getting cramp

Bu f i truly thought about it today mine would be:

Got up and didnt hide in bed
Ate lunch and tea
Watched tv with my boyfriend (F1, im a celeb and home alone)
Ordered and had delivered a bin (only been binless 2 years)
Remade the bed
Taken meds
Had lots of cuddles

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pathway
Even just one or two would work, or achievements. Like "I had a shower today", "I went to the shop", "I met up with friends and saw a movie", etc.

I dunno, I'll try it out.

Original post by PandaWho
I bet you can pick 5 positives for each day and you wont even realise.

Today iv done naff all apart from roll around in bed getting cramp

Bu f i truly thought about it today mine would be:

Got up and didnt hide in bed
Ate lunch and tea
Watched tv with my boyfriend (F1, im a celeb and home alone)
Ordered and had delivered a bin (only been binless 2 years)
Remade the bed
Taken meds
Had lots of cuddles

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe. I'll try it out soon. Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Imperion
Hey!

Hey

Thank you:smile:

no worries

I'm so sorry, I hadn't read the entire thing earlier. :colondollar: I'm kinda unable to help much but if you need to speak I'm here. It'll all come to pass :smile:

This is beautifull thank you
Unfortunately I was ill over the weekend, culminating in me being sick late on Saturday night. I haven't been sick for 10 years and it was horrible for me (for those who don't know I have a phobia of being sick). It's been hitting me hard today at work. I haven't been to the toilet all day incase I catch a bug from the loo at work, I eventually had a bit to eat for lunch but it was extremely difficult and it had to be from a can because I couldn't risk getting food poisoning from anything else. I'm dreading having to go home incase someone is ill on the tube or that I catch a bug from the tube or that. I'm really scared.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Told my mentor about the hallucinations I've been having. But then I dissociated for the rest of the session so I don't remember what was said after. :facepalm:
Original post by Anonymous

Hm, I don't think, you have only acquaintances...but you sound very busy with your thoughts. And concerning parents in general: Most people love their parents and want to please them, no worries. The solution is often in the middle, not in the extreme.
Do you have somebody to talk? Not need to be a friend?
Sorry, I am quite busy right now, as I have to end an essay. But big hugs and the good thing is, you said, you have been better, so a good chance, you will be again!

Try and you find them! I am sure! One could be: "Having thought about positives and have written them down!"

Original post by Pathway
Told my mentor about the hallucinations I've been having. But then I dissociated for the rest of the session so I don't remember what was said after. :facepalm:

Just ask next time!
Original post by bullettheory
Unfortunately I was ill over the weekend, culminating in me being sick late on Saturday night. I haven't been sick for 10 years and it was horrible for me (for those who don't know I have a phobia of being sick). It's been hitting me hard today at work. I haven't been to the toilet all day incase I catch a bug from the loo at work, I eventually had a bit to eat for lunch but it was extremely difficult and it had to be from a can because I couldn't risk getting food poisoning from anything else. I'm dreading having to go home incase someone is ill on the tube or that I catch a bug from the tube or that. I'm really scared.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:jumphug: hopefully it was a one off, but i totally understand, being sick is the worst thing ever made! Rest up and be kind to yourself!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

Some people are so talented at making you feel like absolute ****.

Edit: On a side note ahh cute Christmas Avatars :h:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I think thats why I hadnt tried it before sometimes I find it hard to write about my feelings too. How you feeling now?

Better now, sorry about how long it took to reply >_> Looks like it was just a few days of feeling like death, but better for the time being. Hope you're doing ok yourself :hugs:

Original post by Sabertooth
I know this is kind of late but it might be an idea for you to get a dental checkup. If you're grinding your teeth during the day you could also be doing it when you're asleep. It can really damage your teeth.

Mirtazapine caused me to grind my teeth at night so my dentist made me a tooth guard thing to wear. It helps to stop the damage and doesn't take that long to get used to. When I look at it, its amazing how much damage I've done in the few months I've had it - but at least that damage is no longer being done to my teeth.

Thanks for your pearls of wisdom Saber! I'll mention it to my dentist when i go for my next checkup in about a month :smile:

---

Just done a stock take at work, literally went in to do only that. Was counting stock for 5 hours, urgh. Now going back into town with brother to do some xmas shopping! Looking forward to getting bk and vegging out for a while. Mood is currently stable, but expecting it to plummet in the weeks leading up to xmas.
Original post by Meaty_man
Mood is currently stable, but expecting it to plummet in the weeks leading up to xmas.

If you ever need to talk, feel free to shoot over a PM :smile:
Made a telephone appointment with my GP for today to discuss the change to medication my psychiatrist suggested since next time I can get an appointment is next tuesday and it seems silly to wait 2 weeks on medication that isn't working. Anyway, she called over an hour ago, only she was trying to call my psychiatrist and had the wrong number - the one I had given reception. :facepalm:
Current suspicion is that message I left with receptionist got messed up and she thinks psychiatrist wanted to speak with her. So I'm thinking she's now not going to call which is just so frustrating. She's not in again until Friday if she doesn't get back in touch today so then I'll have to jump through all the hoops again and hope that she's happy to change my script with just my word for what the psychiatrist said (assuming that she doesn't manage to get hold of psychiatrist today). In any case it shouldn't be this difficult to change meds. Why is it all on me to organise anyway, this is really difficult for me. Phone calls are involved and I *hate* calling people.
Just ridiculous.
Ugh, completely all over the place right now. Everything is so much effort. My LP phoned me today and I explained what happened last Friday (hallucination stuff) and she sounded concerned (? not entirely sure that's the word I'm looking for, but I can't think of it so...). Got an appointment with her again this week at the usual time. Should probably tell her about the other stuff, but I feel so stupid.

Spoiler

I feel like such a waste of time, fml. :sigh:
Original post by Pathway
Ugh, completely all over the place right now. Everything is so much effort. My LP phoned me today and I explained what happened last Friday (hallucination stuff) and she sounded concerned (? not entirely sure that's the word I'm looking for, but I can't think of it so...). Got an appointment with her again this week at the usual time. Should probably tell her about the other stuff, but I feel so stupid.

Spoiler

I feel like such a waste of time, fml. :sigh:

:hugs: Always here if you need me, don't forget that. Send me a message if you want to chat :jumphug: By the way, your new avatar is awesome :smile:

--

Had physio (finally!) today. He wants me to wear my wrist brace to college... I can imagine the ****ty comments already :facepalm:
Hey guys, thought I would get a better response here than in careers forum -

I'm applying for a job to work in the crisis team. One of the sections you have to write about 'sharing understanding' under competencies.

Ideas on what this actually means? :confused:
Original post by Midnightmemories
:hugs: Always here if you need me, don't forget that. Send me a message if you want to chat :jumphug: By the way, your new avatar is awesome :smile:

--

Had physio (finally!) today. He wants me to wear my wrist brace to college... I can imagine the ****ty comments already :facepalm:

Thank you. :hugs:

Spoiler

Spoiler

:hugs:
Original post by Noodlzzz
Hey guys, thought I would get a better response here than in careers forum -

I'm applying for a job to work in the crisis team. One of the sections you have to write about 'sharing understanding' under competencies.

Ideas on what this actually means? :confused:

Afraid I have no idea, but good on you for going for it :biggrin:

Latest