Original post by Bill_Gates
I regret voting conservative - I have made a big mistake

- I hate the new policies being introduced
- I hate how the average person is being made to repay the bankers mistakes
- I hate the hatred towards minorities/disabled/single mums/the poor
- I hate the way society is going.

I am sorry for voting conservative!
They are a disgrace.

Billy we all make mistakes. Think about where you can go from this point. Takes a brave person to say they where wrong. I am not going to ridicule you and I hope other forum members treat you with some respect for your conviction.
I love it when people in the UK call the media a monopoly when our country is one of the few that has an independent tax-funded network.

Oh well.

Maybe if you want Murdoch to have less influence then you should encourage the nation to return to 1970 level of newspaper buying? Because the vast majority of media is closing due to unprofitability, and that's not Murdoch's fault. I bet your local media has been slaughtered over the last 10 - 15 years and I'm sure as hell it wasn't because of Murdoch.

No one's going to open a business in an unprofitable market and over my dead body will taxes go to subsidise another dying industry.
They are known as the nasty party for a reason
Original post by illegaltobepoor
Billy we all make mistakes. Think about where you can go from this point. Takes a brave person to say they where wrong. I am not going to ridicule you and I hope other forum members treat you with some respect for your conviction.

thank you! i have to say your posts were maybe a bit too far left however i respect your conviction with the matter!
thank you! i have to say your posts were maybe a bit too far left however i respect your conviction with the matter!

There are alternative ways of doing things. Doesn't mean they are wrong. The thing is we have lived within Capitalism for so long that anything that goes against the economic status quo is viewed as heretic behavior and a threat to everyone's well being.

I implore you to explore different types of economic theory. You could make a start with this video. Its really good. Will be a hour well spent. Its not exactly Game of Thrones but will open your mind up to WHAT IF?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4l3pBovB_c
Original post by illegaltobepoor
There are alternative ways of doing things. Doesn't mean they are wrong. The thing is we have lived within Capitalism for so long that anything that goes against the economic status quo is viewed as heretic behavior and a threat to everyone's well being.

I implore you to explore different types of economic theory. You could make a start with this video. Its really good. Will be a hour well spent. Its not exactly Game of Thrones but will open your mind up to WHAT IF?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4l3pBovB_c

heard about the Venus project years ago. I guess it's a simple idea but i don't believe it will continue to bring innovation. Maybe if we just tried different systems in small clusters to see if it is plausible. However who will sign up for that?
Original post by moggis
And as well as this ,just imagine the billions of people around the world who would LOVE the chance to live in our 'awful' circumstances.

I'm not having a go at anyone on here,really I'm not,especially not the OP,but you know sometimes when I read all the incessant complaints about our government I do wonder just how our pampered citizens would ever make it in the 'real' world.

It increasingly seems to me that the politics of the privileged Western World is merely a load of ungrateful, people whining.

Same applies to the Tories and their whining about paying taxes.

Also funnily enough a lot of the "left" think we don;t do enough, or in fact help hinder these people in such awful circumstances. Like how our supermarkets drive the price of bananas down which results in poor pay and working condition in these 'awful circumstances' countries you speak about.

It's all connected.
heard about the Venus project years ago. I guess it's a simple idea but i don't believe it will continue to bring innovation. Maybe if we just tried different systems in small clusters to see if it is plausible. However who will sign up for that?

When the rioting starts become will because basic needs will be more important than owning a Iphone
Original post by SotonianOne

No one's going to open a business in an unprofitable market and over my dead body will taxes go to subsidise another dying industry.

Ye, we should totally let the nuclear energy industry die. Lol. Free market ftw!
it's true and i don't like it at all! i'm definitely more about the centre.

All of a sudden? Why did you vote for a party that you clearly had no proper understanding of in the first place?

Original post by AverageExcellence
Sounds like the same unsubstantiated Labour drivel we've all not been convinced by other the last few months... if you believe that then you didn't vote conservatives or you were very ill informed clearly. I smell a sore lefty getting on his moral high horse again without any grounding in the facts or figures.

:holmes: lol I was thinking that as I read through...seems like a piss take. But as I don't know OP nor their political leanings, I must give them benefit of the doubt.
I regret voting conservative - I have made a big mistake

- I hate the new policies being introduced
- I hate how the average person is being made to repay the bankers mistakes
- I hate the hatred towards minorities/disabled/single mums/the poor
- I hate the way society is going.

I am sorry for voting conservative!
They are a disgrace.

I still back conservative all the way. People like to pick a few of their bad points but forget the big picture.

Anyway, don't regret it. It would have made absolutely no difference if you voted for someone else. One vote doesn't change anything.
Thank you for ruining this country
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Ye, we should totally let the nuclear energy industry die. Lol. Free market ftw!

Industry =/= Necessity.

Newspapers are not a necessity.
Original post by moggis
And as well as this ,just imagine the billions of people around the world who would LOVE the chance to live in our 'awful' circumstances.

I'm not having a go at anyone on here,really I'm not,especially not the OP,but you know sometimes when I read all the incessant complaints about our government I do wonder just how our pampered citizens would ever make it in the 'real' world.

It increasingly seems to me that the politics of the privileged Western World is merely a load of ungrateful, people whining.

The fact that things are worse in other countries doesn't mean we shouldn't complain about things in this country, or that there aren't serious things in this country that deserve complaints.
Original post by AverageExcellence
The tories are implementing policies they said if they won elections, how can you now regret voting for them based on them implementing changes they said they would if they were elected? that makes no sense

If someone's good at what they do, you don't necessarily have to like what they do.
Original post by deborarosa
At least you've learnt from your mistakes. Hopefully they wouldn't have done too much damage by the next election

Hopefully they will do a lot of damage so no one will vote for them again.
Original post by Joseph Stalin
I still back conservative all the way. People like to pick a few of their bad points but forget the big picture.

Anyway, don't regret it. It would have made absolutely no difference if you voted for someone else. One vote doesn't change anything.

i agree with the last part, although still feel guilty.
welfare cuts - proposed for housing and working tax credits which will destroy the working poor
destruction of the nhs
television has suddenly become a game of hate
immigration rules - nurses etc
increased homelessness - food banks
the list just goes on, the rhetoric is horrible.

No offense, but did you even look at their manifesto? Because this was pretty common knowledge before the election...
Original post by SotonianOne
Industry =/= Necessity.

Nuclear energy is a necessity, as far as I'm concerned. Clean energy alternatives are of paramount importance.
Original post by StrangeBanana
Nuclear energy is a necessity

That's what I said..

Latest

Trending

Trending