The Student Room Group

Do skinny jeans harm your health?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by thecatwithnohat
The majority for the categories you've just mentioned :lol:

Sometimes it's painful to watch them walk when you know it's hurting them in parts where it shouldn't :emo: but as long as they don't wear the really fitting ones, I guess a few of them could get away with it.

Lol :lol:

I don't find it hot tho :colondollar:

Ki Yung Na
If it is tight enough to make movement difficult then you shouldn't be wearing them for too long or regularly. It'd be like holding your arms in lock with something for a long enough period of time; the pressure will hurt your muscles and your nerves by compressing them. If you are able to move fine and they aren't skin tight then you should be fine.

Ruthless Dutchman
Egh, everything harms your health in the end

:grumble:
Reply 21
Seems as though there is a lot of hate for skinny jeans. The ones I wear have 3% elastane built into them meaning that they stretch and conform to the body. They do not restrict me in any way shape or form. I have plenty of breathing room for my genitalia. My legs and groin never feel like they are constricted or suffocating. I can bend down, stretch, move unrestricted. I have never felt the issues some of you are claiming.
I've been wearing super skinny jeans for about 3/4 months now and I'm fine? There is a health risk of nerve and muscle issues, but they're extremely rare and only would occur if you were to wear them 24/7 or whilst doing a lot of manual labour for an extended period of time. Most of the cases where this did happen are with women who wore the wrong, much smaller size.

I only wear them when I go out, and I've yet to have any issues. Regular wear and the correct size won't give you any health issues. Once you break them in super skinny jeans are actually really comfortable - and they're fashionable and suit guys with very skinny leg/slim build (such as myself). If you have big/fat legs, mainly talking to the girls though I've even seen fat guys wearing them, please do all our eyes a favour and don't wear super skinny jeans!

P.S. my balls are fine too. :tongue:
Reply 23
Original post by yellowcopter
I've been wearing super skinny jeans for about 3/4 months now and I'm fine? There is a health risk of nerve and muscle issues, but they're extremely rare and only would occur if you were to wear them 24/7 or whilst doing a lot of manual labour for an extended period of time. Most of the cases where this did happen are with women who wore the wrong, much smaller size.

I only wear them when I go out, and I've yet to have any issues. Regular wear and the correct size won't give you any health issues. Once you break them in super skinny jeans are actually really comfortable - and they're fashionable and suit guys with very skinny leg/slim build (such as myself). If you have big/fat legs, mainly talking to the girls though I've even seen fat guys wearing them, please do all our eyes a favour and don't wear super skinny jeans!

P.S. my balls are fine too. :tongue:

Spot on. :five:
Original post by amused
Spot on. :five:

It's silly how people actually have issues with guys wearing skinny jeans. One ever so slightly daring move in the fashion industry and the male population becomes insecure and closed minded. :rolleyes: They're just jeans, and they look good if not make guys look even better when worn on the right type of body.

Saying 'they look too tight' is silly and looking for excuses to say why a piece of clothing isn't right. The only time they actually look bad is on people who aren't skinny but that's because they shouldn't be wearing them anyway - they're called SKINNY jeans for a reason ffs.

Then those who make the genitalia jokes probably haven't ever actually worn super skinny jeans and realised they're not at all any different than regular jeans in that area. Lot's of over exaggeration in this thread. :tongue: I guess only young and fashionable guys would understand.

Quick Reply

Latest