The Student Room Group

Work experience

I did a Cardiology work experience at a hospital, since I wanted to do medicine but now I've changed to pharmacy. Would Pharmacy schools allow cardiology work experience? I am planning to include that in my personal statement. thank you
Reply 1
You dont need specific w/ex in a Pharmacy to apply for an MPharm degree.
You do need an understanding of the NHS, an idea of how to respond to patients/the public, an enthusiasm for organic and medicinal chemistry, and have thought about why you want to be a Pharmacist.

There is an orange 'sticky' thread at the top of this forum with links to lots of useful resources - NHS Values, Pharmacy role descriptions, relevant Moocs etc etc.
Reply 2
Original post by aspiring_med1
I did a Cardiology work experience at a hospital, since I wanted to do medicine but now I've changed to pharmacy. Would Pharmacy schools allow cardiology work experience? I am planning to include that in my personal statement. thank you

if you don’t mind, I’m going to have work experience soon but should I wear like sixth uniform attire or could I get away with casual jeans and a sweater? I don’t wanna make a bad impression by wearing jeans and a hoodie 😭
Reply 3
Original post by amy3x
if you don’t mind, I’m going to have work experience soon but should I wear like sixth uniform attire or could I get away with casual jeans and a sweater? I don’t wanna make a bad impression by wearing jeans and a hoodie 😭

Dont wear school uniform.
Neat casual clothes is fine.
Original post by aspiring_med1

How did u get this work experience x bc I’m acc struggling so hard to get any work experience
Original post by sara572729
How did u get this work experience x bc I’m acc struggling so hard to get any work experience

Ask for work experience in a care home instead. Normally a lot easier. Ask the nurses to explain medications and procedures when they are doing the medications.
Original post by ErasistratusV

Ask for work experience in a care home instead. Normally a lot easier. Ask the nurses to explain medications and procedures when they are doing the medications.

I have asked a few local ones but no reply 😭
I have asked a few local ones but no reply 😭

Have you tried ringing your nearest community hospital?
Have you tried ringing your nearest community hospital?

yes I emailed my local hospital and they said work experience is currently closed. I rang the local community health centre thing idk and they said the gps are separate so I shld drop my CV off
Reply 9

Phone up your local care-homes or special school.
All /any care experience is useful / valuable.
yes I emailed my local hospital and they said work experience is currently closed. I rang the local community health centre thing idk and they said the gps are separate so I shld drop my CV off

GP surgeries tend to to be very reticent to do it- they are private businesses after all (mostly) and so they aren't under any obligation to provide it. There are also confidentiality issues that can arise if you complete work experience at your own practice.

It is difficult to get work experience of any kind. Schools (particularly SEN) and care homes would be a completely viable alternative, as would charity work of any kind. Anything where you are engaging with the public will be useful. Don't get disheartened.

GP surgeries tend to to be very reticent to do it- they are private businesses after all (mostly) and so they aren't under any obligation to provide it. There are also confidentiality issues that can arise if you complete work experience at your own practice.

It is difficult to get work experience of any kind. Schools (particularly SEN) and care homes would be a completely viable alternative, as would charity work of any kind. Anything where you are engaging with the public will be useful. Don't get disheartened.

yeah I have sen work experience signed up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending