The Student Room Group

Should i retake Alevel french?

Ok i got a C in my Alevel french.. :frown:

I got a B in all of my modules (all highish Bs as well) apart from the A2 oral exam which i failed...pretty damn badly!! Long story short, i was fine until the tape went on and then i just freaked out panicked hyperventilated that sort of thing..so my exam got terminated and i just didn't do it..and OCR are mean mean people too..:redface:

I've spent the last couple of months in Switzerland (french speaking part) working out here..now i don't know how much my french has improved but my confidence definitely has!

So do you reckon it's worth resitting my A2 oral and hopefully getting my grade up??
:smile:

Forgot to add.. the reason i'm asking is because i've already got 6 unconditionals for french and spanish at uni..the grade thing would just be for me feeling happier about it! :redface:
wesetters
Dani, you couldn't just retake your oral, you'd have to do the lot all over again. Honestly, I'd just go and do it at uni.

:ditto: You've cashed in your grade and it's too late to decline it, so the only way to do it would be to resit all 6 exams and that really wouldn't be worth it. If you do well in your degree in French, which you will, no one will care what you got in the A-level :smile: The important thing is that your confidence has improved, so the same thing shouldn't happen again.
Reply 2
Hmm i clearly didn't think about this properly! :biggrin:

Maybe i could resit the whole lot..i know its effort but i reckon i'd feel better :redface:
Reply 3
Merci lol..

That's what i mean! My french probably has improved loads since i actually took my Alevel exam last May or whatever.. i've got May and June free this summer too..:redface: argh i dunno! :frown:
It sounds like you really want to do it and it would be a target to aim for as far as improving your french this year is concerned. But like the others have said, nobody will care once you have got your degree so it would only be for personal satisfaction, and 6 retakes would cost a lot of money. Also, if you did coursework, I'm not sure whether you could use the same piece or not.

Latest

Trending

Trending