The Student Room Group

Which is more played in UK?

PC games(like LOL CS etc.) or PS3 PS4 games(like FIFA COD)?
Reply 1
I'd assume people would play Playstation/Xbox more because of games like Fifa because the UK eats that recycled **** up lmao
Reply 2
Think you'll have trouble finding a place where PC is the dominant console to play games with.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How should I know?

First you have to find people that don't play on both console and PC, which is a small minority.
In my experience, console games such as FIFA and Call of Duty still appear to be played much more, more so than free games like Dota 2 and LoL, which I imagine that despite its huge fan-base, many people haven't even heard of! Whereas people who are fans of Dota 2/LoL most definitely have heard of FIFA or Call of Duty.

I just don't see the appeal, mainly with FIFA! :tongue:

And what's the deal with those packs? Haha. :biggrin:

Then again, I shall not be a judge of how people spend their money on games. As long as it makes them happy, and it's enjoyable, then hooray!
Annoyingly, I think consoles outweigh PC's.
And your opening comment is invalid, you can play Fifa and CoD on PC too (Normally £10 less on release too)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TheCluelessOne
I am both a player of PC gaming and PS3 and tbh when it comes to multiplayer gaming, i believe PS3 is the best option mainly because all your mates are more likely to play on PS3 than PC because of games like fifa and cod etc, games like fifa are mainly played on consoles but tbh its your choice and it depends on the games ur into

I would argue that the "your mates are more likely on consoles" as a tentative argument, it depends who you mingle with, most of my friends and acquaintances are either PC or no real gaming, I think there is only really one console guy, and that is across work, uni and home, largely because at uni I mostly associate with other PC gamers and people with interests that mostly restricts them to PC, at work most don't play and at home the people I have kept up to date with are, for assorted reasons, PC.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Consoles are more for the casual gamers, so I'd say they're used more

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Is this some kind of joke?

England is probably at the bottom of the pit when it comes to PC Gaming. Especially CS GO.
Console. Appeals to the masses. Most popular place for PCs is continental Europe
Original post by Andy98
casual gamers

No such thing.
Consoles much more I'd imagine. Much more socially acceptable, where as everyone views PC gamers as a bit odd.

A friend of mine spent £1200 on a computer to game with, ridiculous.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Consoles eat up much more of the market. Most guys I know have an xbox or playstation of some sort, nowhere near as many use their PC for gaming.

Quick Reply

Latest