The Student Room Group

how to i make myself cry?

i feel REALLY sad and depressed and I feel like if I cried then I could let it all out and get over it. but the tears dont come just this permanent sadness inside my stomach and my head spinning. how do i make myself cry and let it all out? dont suggest onions :P
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

From the sound of things, you need more than advice from thestudentroom.
:console:
I know the feeling.
Imagine the saddest scenario in your head and start bawling :redface:
Reply 3
Original post by bluemadhatter
i feel REALLY sad and depressed like i just want to die and I feel like if I cried then I could let it all out and get over it. but the tears dont come just this permanent sadness inside my stomach and my head spinning. how do i make myself cry and let it all out? dont suggest onions :P

Any sad/emotional music you like in particular? I often listened to placebo when I felt down. Just lay on my bed n let it all out. xox
Reply 4
Chop onions.
This always gives me the feels...

Spoiler

no need to cry :redface:

you're a great individual OP :smile:
i feel REALLY sad and depressed like i just want to die and I feel like if I cried then I could let it all out and get over it. but the tears dont come just this permanent sadness inside my stomach and my head spinning. how do i make myself cry and let it all out? dont suggest onions :P

Talk face to face about it with somone you love. You will cry.
Watch WWYD social experiments on YT.
Sometimes crying only makes you feel worse :/

Seek some professional help instead
Try not to cry challenges, look them up, they are pretty retarded though.
Been here, i watched some ultra sad movies and all tears were released and i ended up having a good sob for an hour.
on the other hand...
Maybe you have depression, that's a symptom, being emotionally numb because you're too depressed to cry
Think about the last time someone was so lovely to you and how much you miss that. Think about someone you know you're special to and how much you really appreciate it.

I'm not encouraging you to be depressed I just know how much good a good cry can do when you feel like that.
Original post by enaayrah
:console:
I know the feeling.
Imagine the saddest scenario in your head and start bawling :redface:

i dont know any sad scenarios. im in the saddest worst scene i can think of. reality.

Original post by Soffie
Any sad/emotional music you like in particular? I often listened to placebo when I felt down. Just lay on my bed n let it all out. xox

listening to sad/emotional music doesnt make me cry

Original post by trapking
no need to cry :redface:

you're a great individual OP :smile:

im really not

Original post by earthworm
Talk face to face about it with somone you love. You will cry.

nobody wants to listen

Original post by Law-Hopeful
Watch WWYD social experiments on YT.

they dont make me cry but they are interesting

Original post by Novascope
Sometimes crying only makes you feel worse :/

Seek some professional help instead

i cant

Original post by NutellaLuv
Been here, i watched some ultra sad movies and all tears were released and i ended up having a good sob for an hour.
on the other hand...
Maybe you have depression, that's a symptom, being emotionally numb because you're too depressed to cry

yeah i watched a couple sad movies and they dont make me cry like they used to. yeah im incredibly emotionally numb.

Original post by Little Popcorns
Think about the last time someone was so lovely to you and how much you miss that. Think about someone you know you're special to and how much you really appreciate it.

I'm not encouraging you to be depressed I just know how much good a good cry can do when you feel like that.

i cant think of a time. i think my cousin thinks im special or whatnot but thats only cause we're family.
im really not

well you can sit there typing about your feelings on a forum which won't make you feel better or you can look at the positive things in your life and work towards your own dreams :smile:

I know you might be feeling really down right now it's okay everyone has those days including myself but don't lose sight of the good things you have in front of you :biggrin:
Go sit down in the rain
Maybe you shouldn't force yourself to cry, it should happen naturally.
Spray some aftershave in your eye man I did it earlier on accident was weeping for like half an hour
Original post by trapking
well you can sit there typing about your feelings on a forum which won't make you feel better or you can look at the positive things in your life and work towards your own dreams :smile:

I know you might be feeling really down right now it's okay everyone has those days including myself but don't lose sight of the good things you have in front of you :biggrin:

ive been feeling like this for almost a year now but yeah... im just self pitying i guess.

Original post by FlyingNinja1
Go sit down in the rain

lol
Original post by RainbowKiwi
Maybe you shouldn't force yourself to cry, it should happen naturally.

well its not. all i feel is sadness and the tears dont come.

Original post by will_jg
Spray some aftershave in your eye man I did it earlier on accident was weeping for like half an hour

lol

Quick Reply

Latest