The Student Room Group

Psychology,Biology, Maths, Geography - AS/A-level

I'm taking Psychology,Biology, Maths and Geography this year and I was hoping that anyone could help give tips as to how i can study and do well in these subjects and also any websites that you recommend.Also I would love to see someone timetable, how many hours you spent revising and what you specifically did. Thanks in advance:smile:
The key to Maths is to do lots of practice questions and papers, the more questions you do the easier it gets. There are also one or two questions on most papers that get you to think outside the box so get lots of practice of the questions that are more obscure.

As for websites examsolutions.net is extremely helpful, it has clear tutorials and explains in detail past exam questions.
Reply 2
Biology will kill you if you don't keep up with the work. You will want to cram basically every single week for biology in order to keep up with the content. It is a really interesting subject though having said that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by jchiappe
Biology will kill you if you don't keep up with the work. You will want to cram basically every single week for biology in order to keep up with the content. It is a really interesting subject though having said that

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you think of keeping as separate notebook with detailed noted and doing this once I get home also I wanted to do the same for geog and psych what do you think
Reply 4
I did that, I'd say it's more useful to write up your notes and put them in a folder. You want to make sure that your notes are all ordered and understandable but you don't want them to take up all of your time so you still have to be quite efficient when writing them up. You can definitely do the same for geog but I've never done psychology so I have no clue

Posted from TSR Mobile
For Biology make sure to note that your exams aren't just memory work, so try to fully understand concepts and if you don't then just ask for help. Try different study methods and find which suits you best - everyone is different! What worked for you at GCSE and what didnt? Knowing this will help you, everyone learns differently.
For maths, the exams are getting tougher (personal opinion) so make sure you can understand each step of a calculation, so when you are faced with a beastly tough question, you can hopefully see each calculation through.
Best of luck! Work hard :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending