The Student Room Group

The 'Rate my A-level choices' thread

Hey guys, it's time to play a game.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

List your A-level choices, and everyone else can rate them /10 and share some assumptions of the user based on their choices!

To kick it off this is what I studied ( a while ago now :lol: )

A-levels: History, Philosophy, Economics.

Scroll to see replies

Oof I predict an influx of stem snobbery :getmecoat:

Anyways I did history , biology , product design and art and dropped biology at AS after getting an A at it :smile:
Reply 2
i think 7/10

mine:
History
Photography
English Lit
Media Studies
Original post by Evil Homer

Hey guys, it's time to play a game.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

List your A-level choices, and everyone else can rate them /10 and share some assumptions of the user based on their choices!

To kick it off this is what I studied ( a while ago now :lol: )

A-levels: History, Philosophy, Economics.

I did economics, and EPQ, history, maths and music.
I want to do either bio, chem, maths, psychology or bio, spanish, maths psychology....can't decide :frown:
Reply 5
I am doing Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Economics and English General Paper for AS Levels (I take CIE A levels)

Do you think its a bit too much
planning to drop either economics or chemistry at A2
(edited 2 years ago)
@Abhinav3 Might be a little bit overkill. What are you planning to study? I'll rate a 4/10. Essay subject is the main thing-- else, a solid 7.

Maths, Further Maths, Physics
I've decided to buck the trend at my school and not study 4. Probably amounts to 2.5 A Levels considering all the overlap but seems senseless to take on more if these satisfy the requirements for all my subjects of interest.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by foobar123
@Abhinav3 Might be a little bit overkill. What are you planning to study? I'll rate a 4/10. Essay subject is the main thing-- else, a solid 7.

I've decided to buck the trend at my school and not study 4. Probably amounts to 2.5 A Levels considering all the overlap but seems senseless to take on more if these satisfy the requirements for all my subjects of interest.

Ooh. 2/10. You're right, Maths and Further Maths overlap a bit too much, and the inclusion of Physics makes your subject choices pretty much ENTIRELY maths based. My worst nightmare.

My A-Level subjects are Art and Design, Economics, Chemistry, and English Literature, although I also have a History of Art A-Level that I took outside of my school.
@EDEM0978 Ooooohhh, a very unique mixture!

I’m doing Biology, History, Maths, Arabic and Chemistry!
Original post by Sarah__xxx
@EDEM0978 Ooooohhh, a very unique mixture!

I’m doing Biology, History, Maths, Arabic and Chemistry!

Those are very content-heavy subjects. Why are you taking 5?
Original post by 5hyl33n
Those are very content-heavy subjects. Why are you taking 5?

I’m doing Bio, Chem and Maths so I can apply for medicine, I’m doing History as a fourth because I love it so much and I can’t imagine not continuing with it until the end of A-Levels and I’m doing Arabic because I speak the language fluently and I thought ‘why not?’ :smile:. I’m not doing it because I think it’s going to give me an advantage - I know that universities don’t care whether you have 3, 4, 5 or whatever A-Levels but I love them all so much so that’s why!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Sarah__xxx
I’m doing Bio, Chem and Maths so I can apply for medicine, I’m doing History as a fourth because I love it so much and I can’t imagine not continuing with it until the end of A-Levels and I’m doing Arabic because I speak the language fluently and I thought ‘why not?’ :smile:. I’m not doing it because I think it’s going to give me an advantage - I know that universities don’t care whether you have 3, 4, 5 or whatever A-Levels but I love them all so much so that’s why!

Wholly agree with this. I plan to do Fine Art at university, so I only really need Art and Design - but I love my other subjects so much that I can't imagine not continuing with them! The university requirements don't really matter, just your own personal want to learn them.
Original post by EDEM0978
Wholly agree with this. I plan to do Fine Art at university, so I only really need Art and Design - but I love my other subjects so much that I can't imagine not continuing with them! The university requirements don't really matter, just your own personal want to learn them.

Exactly!! I’m doing them for myself, not for a university :smile:. Fine Art is such a cool degree, good luck with that!!
Maths, Chemistry, Biology.

Wish I could swap Biology for Physics though :frown:
Original post by foobar123

Either Physics or Maths at university
maths, textiles and environmental science. very random but oh well
bio phys maths and fm, doing 4 was sadly not a choice
Original post by cluckiez

If you replace biology with computer science or chemistry, it would've been a solid 9/10
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by cluckiez

solid 9/10, you lost a point because of bio.

Maths FM Physics and AS Chem
(edited 2 years ago)

---------------------
Original post by Abhinav3
Either Physics or Maths at university

You might want to consider if you will fare betterr with respect to keeping options open by having further maths, if those are what you want to study at university
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest