The Student Room Group

Sociology in university

Hey

This is my first post on TSR, so apologizes if this post is in the wrong forum or anything!

I am in international student, and as a result I don't have the opportunity to visit these universities. Regardless, I am interested in doing sociology in university, and I have looked at five universities specifically:

University of Manchester
Lancaster University
University of Birmingham
University of Bristol
University of Warwick

According to the guardian and thecompleteuniversityguide rankings, the above mentioned universities do fairly well for sociology.
My question for you is which of the above five you would choose for sociology? I know you'll have your own subjective opinion, and you can use whatever criteria you may please. (But please state for what reasons you would choose x university over the others :P )

I plan to do further graduate studies (either masters or PhD), possibly in the USA. So this is a consideration as well for me when choosing.

Any reply would be immensely appreciated!
Reply 1
Anyone? :smile:
Original post by cazzem
Hey

This is my first post on TSR, so apologizes if this post is in the wrong forum or anything!

I am in international student, and as a result I don't have the opportunity to visit these universities. Regardless, I am interested in doing sociology in university, and I have looked at five universities specifically:

University of Manchester
Lancaster University
University of Birmingham
University of Bristol
University of Warwick

According to the guardian and thecompleteuniversityguide rankings, the above mentioned universities do fairly well for sociology.
My question for you is which of the above five you would choose for sociology? I know you'll have your own subjective opinion, and you can use whatever criteria you may please. (But please state for what reasons you would choose x university over the others :P )

I plan to do further graduate studies (either masters or PhD), possibly in the USA. So this is a consideration as well for me when choosing.

Any reply would be immensely appreciated!

birmingham is a russell group university, it has THE greatest graduate prospects for students also, which you definitely need to consider when doing a subject like sociology- plus the city itself is great!
Reply 3
Bristol, Manchester and Warwick are Russell Group as well though. Of course, graduate prospects are important, that's a given. But is it as important when I'm planning on getting a masters or possibly a PhD straight after my bachelor?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending