The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Sociology at Glasgow

Hi,

I’m wondering if anyone who has/ is studying sociology at Glasgow uni could give me their thoughts on it? I’m struggling to pick between this course or politics at Strathclyde. I’m really interested in continuing sociology but not sure about Glasgow uni as a whole.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

I’m wondering if anyone who has/ is studying sociology at Glasgow uni could give me their thoughts on it? I’m struggling to pick between this course or politics at Strathclyde. I’m really interested in continuing sociology but not sure about Glasgow uni as a whole.

Hi there,

We're so glad you are considering University of Glasgow for studying Sociology!

Our Sociology programme is 5th in the UK according to the Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide. :yeah: One of the distinctive features of our Sociology programme, commended by external examiners and by our graduates, is the combination of sociological, criminological and anthropological perspectives which we provide.

Here are a few links that could be useful to you:

- Learn more about our Sociology MA (SocSci)/MA programme by visiting this page! You can also chat with one of our Sociology students in that page, via the link 'Chat to our students' on the right side of that page.
- Follow UofGSPS, the University of Glasgow's Social and Political Science Instagram account, as they have a video with the Head of Sociology explaining a bit more about the course!
- Learn more about University of Glasgow campus by viewing this quick campus tour video made by one of our students!

Hope you find these useful!

UofG Team
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi,

did you apply for sociology at glasgow in the end?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending