The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vincrows
I know. I was working in the financial sector for a long time and quite familiar with economics. :wink:

Oh sorry haha, I assumed we were all students, what did you work as?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krollo
In other news, Cambridge Dream #2 happened last night... don't remember much, except I got pooled to St. Surprise's College, which I now desperately want to exist.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seems like it'd be great fun there :lol:

I actually had a dream that I was in a May Ball, and there were pretty dresses everywhere :daydreaming:
Original post by Krollo
In other news, Cambridge Dream #2 happened last night... don't remember much, except I got pooled to St. Surprise's College, which I now desperately want to exist.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They've been in the midst of huuuuge west cambridge development/expansion programme for a few years now. Who knows, there may be a new college called 'St.Surprise's' will be there one day....(maybe not in time for you to get in...:tongue:)
Original post by C0balt
Science students, if you had to apply for art course which would you choose?

I would choose linguistics or philosophy :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oriental Studies with linguistics modules 👍🏼
Original post by C0balt
Science students, if you had to apply for art course which would you choose?

I would choose linguistics or philosophy :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably Music
Reply 245
Original post by vincrows
If he can overcome his fear of library and actually get in....:tongue:

btw, thought your school started today? What are you doing here???

It was just an induction day, it was a late start. I was on the train at that time :wink:
Original post by Krollo
I'd probably do best in Econ (if that's even an art) but I'd secretly like to do philosophy. Though there's something to be said for keeping it as a casual hobby...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I agree about philosophy lol
I had considered doing economics A level/IB before but oh well I have no knowledge about it tbh:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 246
Original post by enaayrah
HSPS

But that's a little more humanities :tongue:

Yeah I meant including humanities :tongue:
I thought you'd say English literature though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
Yeah I meant including humanities :tongue:
I thought you'd say English literature though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

:rofl:
Not after my latest exams
That said, I need to ask my tutor if she read my paper and thinks it's worth a remark :erm:

HSPS seems really interesting and I did have a short phase a while ago when I wanted to do PPE at the other place :tongue:
Reply 248
Original post by enaayrah
:rofl:
Not after my latest exams
That said, I need to ask my tutor if she read my paper and thinks it's worth a remark :erm:

HSPS seems really interesting and I did have a short phase a while ago when I wanted to do PPE at the other place :tongue:

:lol:
I've never thought of doing humanities other than linguistics and archeology (a short phase of economics at some point). Certainly never politics for me haha :tongue:
Original post by C0balt
I had enough of history at GCSE :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOL I didn't even do it for GCSE that's how much I loved it.
Reply 250
Original post by Jordan\
LOL I didn't even do it for GCSE that's how much I loved it.

I had to choose between Art or History, and I thought history would be more useful in life :tongue:
Original post by Protoxylic
Yes, but it is incredibly mathematical at Cambridge

I think I would have actually enjoyed Econ at GCSE if it was in any way mathematical; at GCSE the CCEA Econ was literally all theory, it. was. horrible. :lol:
Original post by C0balt
I had to choose between Art or History, and I thought history would be more useful in life :tongue:

Plus, if you're not good at Art, then it's far to risky :wink:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Asian and Middle Eastern Studies

I'm pretty sure it's MML but Arabic, Mandarin and Japanese included. And some other ones

Yeah @vincrows I was in the library yesterday and I really really didn't like it

I would definitely do Japanese if I wasn't applying for Maths :tongue:
Reply 254
Original post by Jordan\
Plus, if you're not good at Art, then it's far to risky :wink:

Art and music were actually my best subject until like 5 years ago believe it or not :lol:
But Idk I left the creative world by the time I started GCSE... I don't regret doing history GCSE though. I had zero history knowledge (which was embarrassing) but now I at least have GCSE level knowledge, and my English improved immensely through writing homework essays :lol:
Original post by C0balt
Art and music were actually my best subject until like 5 years ago believe it or not :lol:
But Idk I left the creative world by the time I started GCSE... I don't regret doing history GCSE though. I had zero history knowledge (which was embarrassing) but now I at least have GCSE level knowledge, and my English improved immensely through writing homework essays :lol:

I suppose it was better for you to improve your essay writing and language skills in general, but I'd had enough of essays by that point :laugh:
Original post by Jordan\
I think I would have actually enjoyed Econ at GCSE if it was in any way mathematical; at GCSE the CCEA Econ was literally all theory, it. was. horrible. :lol:

Lol I did AQA AS Econ (and got a B) and it was all theory and essay writing, nope
Lol I did AQA AS Econ (and got a B) and it was all theory and essay writing, nope

I got a B too..

HIGH FIVE :five:
Original post by Jordan\
I got a B too..

HIGH FIVE:five:

:five:
:five:

When I look back on it now I realise how much I really just didn't know/ understand going into the exam which is terrible :lol:

Does anybody else do that? Look back on GCSEs and realise just how much they didn't know and yet somehow still got A*/As? :gah:

Latest

Trending

Trending