The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by physicsmaths
My college choices are Queens,Sidney Sussex or Homerton(yes i know why, basically they were positive in there response to my email). Not really sure which one to go for though, need input

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which one really 'stood out' as soon as you saw it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
My college choices are Queens,Sidney Sussex or Homerton(yes i know why, basically they were positive in there response to my email). Not really sure which one to go for though, need input

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd go for Sidney Sainsburys, only because I think it looks the best out of the 3. Then again, queens have this amazing bridge...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which one do you have the best gut feeling about?
Original post by enaayrah
Which one do you have the best gut feeling about?

None really haha lolz

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you love cycling a long distance through busy traffic, choose homerton. If not, don't choose them.

The street Sid is on is much busier with shoppers and tourists, but Queens get more tourists in their site.

Queens guarantee college accommodation for only 3yrs but other two offer it during your course.

Queens's boat club is much bigger than either Sid's or Homerton's.
Original post by Big Blue Machine
I'd go for Sidney Sainsburys, only because I think it looks the best out of the 3. Then again, queens have this amazing bridge...

I think accomadation goes to homerton, the dos at homerton gave me the best 'vibe' about getting an offer, queens is nicer on gap years, sidney looks the best.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vincrows
If you love cycling a long distance through busy traffic, choose homerton. If not, don't choose them.

The street Sid is on is much busier with shoppers and tourists, but Queens get more tourists in their site.

Queens guarantee college accommodation for only 3yrs but other two offer it during your course.

Queens's boat club is much bigger than either Sid's or Homerton's.

Which comes first in quality of accomadation? In your opinion?

Posted from TSR Mobile
None really haha lolz

Posted from TSR Mobile

Draw from a hat :tongue:
Original post by enaayrah
Draw from a hat :tongue:

I actually might lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Which comes first in quality of accomadation? In your opinion?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Afaik all colleges have accommodations in various quality/size, so it's difficult to say, but I think Homerton's accomm seem to be more constant in quality, according to my daughter's friends. But it's so far from CMS....

Edit: and the roads you'll have to cycle from Homerton to town centre is seriously busy with heavy traffic during rush hour, too as its one is the main roads into Cambridge. So if you're not confident/experienced in cycling, that's something you'd better take into account.
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi!

I'm filling in the SAQ...

But there is not enough space to write the full tiltles of my units, like in Biology for unit 2 'The variety of living organisms'.

What did you guys do ?
(edited 8 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Queens' is very supportive, and their obsession with student welfare is a big selling point. :love:
Everyone living in for three years does make it a very friendly and close community.
I don't know much about the other two (sure they're lovely too).
Hi!

But there is not enough space to write the full tiltles of my units, like in Biology for unit 2 'The variety of living organisms'.

What did you guys do ?

How many chars is it?
"Variety of Living Organisms", "Variety of Organisms","Organism Variety", etc
Original post by jneill
How many chars is it?
"Variety of Living Organisms", "Variety of Organisms","Organism Variety", etc

Thanks. Can I put ISA instead of Investigative Skills Assesment ? Is there another bit where you have to say what you've learnt in each module, or has that been scrapped?
Thanks. Can I put ISA instead of Investigative Skills Assesment ? Is there another bit where you have to say what you've learnt in each module, or has that been scrapped?

I put practical skills as that seemed to be the actual title. They can tell Empa or isa from the unit code (X/T)
Original post by Questioner1234
I put practical skills as that seemed to be the actual title. They can tell Empa or isa from the unit code (X/T)

Thanks :smile: To be honest they could get all this info if they wanted to!
Hi!

What did you guys do ?

Wait till you reach the 'topics covered' section

I've aggressively abbreviated, and removed spaces, and still not fit everything in there :tongue:

Original post by jneill
And, for any other applicants reading and still hesitating about applying, that's why averages don't tell the whole story. It's really great to see Cambridge, once again, demonstrating that their admissions procedure is a very human and intelligent process, not simply "by the numbers". :smile:

I'm very impressed with the effort Cambridge puts into admissions. All the info they obtain, and pore over. I doubt any other UK university goes to the same lengths
(edited 8 years ago)
Sent mine off today, the reference is a bit naff as it's just random paragraphs from each of my subject teachers and it was written last year so it's not very up to date but the paragraph at the end written by my main referee is really nice :smile:
Reply 3178
Sent UCAS off today!

I am absolutely touched by my reference that I want to request a copy from UCAS and my parents would want to see it too.

Do you know if the school will be informed of the request if I requested a copy from UCAS for £10? I'd rather they aren't because my school insisted that the reference is absolutely confidential and it isn't allowed to go out of the room I was reading in!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by C0balt
Sent UCAS off today!

I am absolutely touched by my reference that I want to request a copy from UCAS and my parents would want to see it too.

Do you know if the school will be informed of the request if I requested a copy from UCAS for £10? I'd rather they aren't because my school insisted that the reference is absolutely confidential and it isn't allowed to go out of the room I was reading in!

No the school won't be told.

Latest

Trending

Trending