The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by C0balt

Even if you're not applying, join in for the world class banter.

Hi, I'm applying to Cambridge for maths from Scotland and delighted to hear about the world class banter!
Original post by missmillie12345
'In general, in the absence of significant extenuating circumstances, competition for places is such that those averaging 85 per cent and below across their three best (for Arts applicants) or three most relevant (for Science applicants) AS subjects are very unlikely to be called for interview'
a direct quote from this link: http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/applying/entrance-requirements/gcse-and-a-level-requirements-facts

Well, thanks so much for all your help. I'm definitely more swayed now. I really did post just to say goodbye to everyone :lol: but maybe I'll give it a bit more thought...

Thanks :smile: I just don't want to get more invested in the process knowing how unlikely I am to get an interview. But I should get at least a fair amount of offers from elsewhere. I know I'm a good candidate. Maybe it's worth winging it and giving a shot anyway... :smile:

Just stick it on your UCAS :wink: what's the worse that can happen? No interview... Their loss ay!
Reply 382

:confused:
Original post by Cnoel
Hi, I'm applying to Cambridge for maths from Scotland and delighted to hear about the world class banter!

Great :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 383
Original post by C0balt
Science students, if you had to apply for art course which would you choose?

I would choose linguistics or philosophy :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd do fine art!!:pierre:
I just watched the latest couple of Jake Wright's vlogs after a long hiatus. Usually he seems very calm and composed but it seems like the pressure of finals is getting to him. He seems properly stressed and overwhelmed.

And to think, all you keen beans on this thread are voluntarily signing yourself up for that experience :tongue:.
Original post by jneill
About Colleges
...How not to pick a college...

(I'd post something else, but I'd just get in trouble. Again...)

Don't forget that a lot of the people on this thread who get offers/ accepted will be like that :tongue:

Original post by Yoghurtyoghurt1
Still can't find the bit on colleges

I personally think you should have a look at Christ's college
Original post by ClickItBack
I just watched the latest couple of Jake Wright's vlogs after a long hiatus. Usually he seems very calm and composed but it seems like the pressure of finals is getting to him. He seems properly stressed and overwhelmed.

And to think, all you keen beans on this thread are voluntarily signing yourself up for that experience :tongue:.

It'd be good life prep.
If you can survive through that stress, you can survive through any stress :pierre:
Hello people, been in hospital and just got back to a new thread. Did I miss anything important/exciting?
Reply 388
Original post by kawehi

I can see where you're coming from..:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krollo
Christ. That's awful.

I don't think you understand the amount of freedom you have in schools especially in England subject/ exam wise :frown:

I had to teach myself a module for GCSE just so I could get an A*, and do Maths at A Level, and then because I didn't do FM GCSE meant that I couldn't do FM for A Level. Now that I'm doing it on my own because the school won't let me I'm having to spend £25 a week on tutoring so I can shut up the teachers at school and let me sit the exams in school.. you would think at least some of the Maths teachers would understand, but I've literally had to much myself through so much of my own education to get where I need to be that it can be so demoralising when schools just don't cooperate.

*goes and cries in corner* lol
Original post by C0pper
Hello people, been in hospital and just got back to a new thread. Did I miss anything important/exciting?

How have you been? Are you OK? :hugs:
Original post by kawehi

LOL nah I'm not signing up for that kind of stress and deadlines
Original post by Cnoel

Another Mathmo :wink:

You should join our Stalking Page:

http://tom-s.co.uk/tsr/#stalkPeople
Reply 393
Original post by C0pper

Oh, are you alright?

You've only missed our amazing OP :wink:
Original post by Jordan\
I don't think you understand the amount of freedom you have in schools especially in England subject/ exam wise :frown:

I had to teach myself a module for GCSE just so I could get an A*, and do Maths at A Level, and then because I didn't do FM GCSE meant that I couldn't do FM for A Level. Now that I'm doing it on my own because the school won't let me I'm having to spend £25 a week on tutoring so I can shut up the teachers at school and let me sit the exams in school.. you would think at least some of the Maths teachers would understand, but I've literally had to much myself through so much of my own education to get where I need to be that it can be so demoralising when schools just don't cooperate.

*goes and cries in corner* lol

I'm also pretty sick of teachers who think they know anything and everything. Problem is that if you point it out to them that they;re wrong on a particular issue then all hell break loose :O
Reply 395
Original post by Jordan\
Another Mathmo :wink:

You should join our Stalking Page:

http://tom-s.co.uk/tsr/#stalkPeople

Sorry, what's a stalking page?
Reply 396
Original post by Cnoel
Sorry, what's a stalking page?

If you have a look at the page you will see.
It's basically a page where applicants post their grades, course applying for, extra curriculars etc,
Reply 397
Original post by C0balt
If you have a look at the page you will see.
It's basically a page where applicants post their grades, course applying for, extra curriculars etc,

Thanks, just joined! :smile:
Original post by Jordan\
How have you been? Are you OK? :hugs:

Original post by C0balt
Oh, are you alright?

You've only missed our amazing OP :wink:

I'm alright, thank you! :smile: just tired and in a bad mood because the doctors are saying I can't go back to school for another few weeks so I don't know what I'm going to do about uni applications and stuff :s-smilie: I am going to try and convince my dad to let me go next week anyway!

The OP is wonderful, I was just reading through it when you commented actually, good work :yy: you should include it on your PS!
Original post by Jordan\
I was talking to the new head of maths today and she was asking what modules I'm doin by myself and then I was like I might sit an extra one too and she was like "Why in the hell would you so that?!" and I mentioned I was doing STEP and she said "What do you mean you're sitting STEP?" and I just said I was applying to universities that require it, and she was like "Oh, so you mean you'll be sitting it IF you get an offer?"'

Rude..

Drop kick that mofo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending