The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

What happens if i get A*A*B?

I am looking at Bath for entry next year, and for engineering the required grades are A*AA. At AS i got AAAB, with maths and physics over 90%, however my chemistry was only 81%, so there is a possibility my results at A2 could be A*A*B, and i was wondering if anybody knows whether this is acceptable
Original post by oMatt
i was wondering if anybody knows whether this is acceptable

Nobody can possibly know that before results day. You will have failed to meet the requirement and be vulnerable to losing the place, but may squeak in if others are in the same boat and insufficient candidates do fulfil the offer requirements.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
What the hell kind of avatar is that :/
Original post by Awesome Genius
What the hell kind of avatar is that :/

Never mind. Size isn't everything.
Original post by Good bloke
Never mind. Size isn't everything.

Noooooo that is my face. He stole my face.
Reply 5
Original post by Good bloke
Nobody can possibly know that before results day. You will have failed to meet the requirement and be vulnerable to losing the place, but may squeak in if others are in the same boat and insufficient candidates do fulfil the offer requirements.

Ok thank you - I was unsure whether the A* and B cancelled out or not
Original post by oMatt
Ok thank you - I was unsure whether the A* and B cancelled out or not

If the offer had been expressed in terms of UCAS tariff points that might have been the case, but yours is an offer expressed in terms of grades.
They want a minimum of A in chemistry. Each of the grade requirements are independent of one another. If you fail to achieve an A grade for your work in chemistry then you have missed your offer, regardless of what your other grades are.

However, it's possible that people who have only just missed their offer will still get in. In this case those two A*'s you have could put you ahead of other failed applicants and secure you a place over them.

Quick Reply

Latest