The Student Room Group

Keele A100 Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by stace123456
Does anyone know whether Keele will consider an applicant who has a degree in a life science subject with a considerable amount of chemistry but without chemistry studied to A level? Have emailed Keele a while ago but had no response!

Try ringing them much more direct

Posted from TSR Mobile
hey guys, I'm having problems choosing universities for medicine, I have 5A*AC at gcse, 2A3B at As (B in bio and them, A in math) and 650 UKCAT with stj 4.. Good work experience and personal statement. Im thinking of applying to keele and sheffield, is that a good idea? what other 2 universities should i apply to? thanks you
Hey guys, just wondering whether my academics are good enough for Keele.
GCSE: 3A*s 5As 3Bs
AS: 4As
A2 achievied: A*AA
UKCAT: 665 B1

Thank you! :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 23
Hi there am planning to apply for keele for medicine for 2016 entry. Iam currently on my gap yr as i was unsuccessfull in getting in during my A2 year. I managed to get a single offer of A*AA but the A*was in Biology or chemistry. Unfortunatly got A*AAB in maths, F maths, Biology and chemistry. My UKCAT was 675. I also have relevant WE and voluntary work. Do you guys think am wasting my time?
is keele pbl-based?
The r&r form I seem to be lacking sufficient information to add
They don't count work shadowing which I have a lot off. Is there anything I can say from my work shadowing apart from observing?

Also what is everyone else going to put in their forms, any examples?

Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
How are people doing the R&R form now? I thought it had to be sent to you after your application is submitted?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied last year. You need 10/15 points to get an interview. I got 8. I'm a long term carer after my grandmother. To get 10 it is incredibly hard, Keele is not an easy route.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Seeing how hard it is to get a good score in the R&R form, I am hoping to get interviewed based on my academic score!
Reply 29
Original post by blueberry389
is keele pbl-based?

I'm in 1st year and no, it's integrated with both lectures and PBL which we have twice a week, it's really useful to talk through things you don't understand I love the system here:smile:
Original post by Zd12345
I'm in 1st year and no, it's integrated with both lectures and PBL which we have twice a week, it's really useful to talk through things you don't understand I love the system here:smile:

How is Keele as a place? I'm keen on applying

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Unfortunately I got below a B in my fourth AS, but am predicted a B in my EPQ. Can I still apply?
Do you have to fill out the R&R form now with the UCAS application or is that sent to you before interview? Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys do we get sent the R and R form or does this have to be sent by the deadline?!! Sent my application off last night

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HCAssistant93
Guys do we get sent the R and R form or does this have to be sent by the deadline?!! Sent my application off last night

Posted from TSR Mobile

The admissions team will email you the R&R form.
Mine came after the UCAS deadline last year.
Original post by Rickstahhh
The admissions team will email you the R&R form.
Mine came after the UCAS deadline last year.

Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dbeith
I just applied to Keele for A100

I just wanted to share my stats and I was wondering if you guys thought i may stand a chance

Predictions AAA(A* epq)
AS- Abbc
GCSE 5A* 6A 1B
UKCAT 2510 Band 3

did work experience in switzerland organised by myself, i feel that my PS is strong.

For Keele the main pre-interview discriminator is the R&R form. If you score very highly on this, it will increase your chances of an interview considerably. But it is very hard to gain marks on the R&R form, so beware.
Original post by dbeith
are there guidelines on how they score it?

They haven't made that public as far as I'm aware.
Has anyone been sent the R&R form yet?
Original post by stephannalee
Has anyone been sent the R&R form yet?

i just checked my email now and have not been sent the R&R form yet. i think the form was sent out on the 17th October last year so we should get it soon

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending