The Student Room Group

Official: Kent and Medway Medical School A100 2024 entry

Welcome to the Kent and Medway Medical School A100 2024 Entry Discussion.

KMMS A100 2023 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7247516

For general information click: https://kmms.ac.uk/study/

For entry requirements click: https://kmms.ac.uk/entry-requirements-2024/

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, advertise or mention group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know what an acceptable gap between a student’s attainment 8 and the school’s attainment 8 is please for KMMS?
Hi,

I am looking to apply to Kent and Medway, and I was wondering if I have a good shot at getting an interview at least with these stats, as I am a reapplicant and my UCAT didn't go to plan.

GCSE's: 99999998887 (7 in English Language)
Achieved A Levels: A* A A( A* in bio, A in chem, A in maths)
Low UCAT score of: 2620 B3
Contextual: maybe? As I was looked after by my grandparents for 1.5 years, 1st on to go to uni.
Work Experience: Clinics, Hospitals, care homes, online work experience (Brighton and Sussex medical school+ Plymouth Medical School). I also volunteer.

My average A Level School attainment was for 2021/22: B
Attainment 8 for secondary school was for 2021/22: 54.5

As well as that if you have any recommendations on where to apply, please do tell :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by RRandom_user
Hi,

I am looking to apply to Kent and Medway, and I was wondering if I have a good shot at getting an interview at least with these stats, as I am a reapplicant and my UCAT didn't go to plan.

Contextual: maybe? As I was looked after by my grandparents for 1.5 years, 1st on to go to uni.
Work Experience: Clinics, Hospitals, care homes, online work experience (Brighton and Sussex medical school+ Plymouth Medical School). I also volunteer.

As well as that if you have any recommendations on where to apply, please do tell :smile:

apply to keele and birmingham
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by growpxx
apply to keele

Is this kinda risky-as I score like 5/10 on the UCAT itself? And there is no R and R form, but will check! Thank you :smile:
Reply 5
Hi,

Look at QUB and Sunderland and Leicester may drop as far as your score, especially if you are contextual.
Nobody knows what KMMS do, but you performed better than your peers at GCSE, so may be an option
Most of the others depend if you are contextual, so check requirements at the following, with number of points allocated, carefully - Aston, St Andrews and Glasgow (will augment UCAT by 10%), Edinburgh (guarantee an interview), check if any contextual points for HYMS and Birmingham
Original post by GANFYD
Look at QUB and Sunderland and Leicester may drop as far as your score, especially if you are contextual.
Nobody knows what KMMS do, but you performed better than your peers at GCSE, so may be an option
Most of the others depend if you are contextual, so check requirements at the following, with number of points allocated, carefully - Aston, St Andrews and Glasgow (will augment UCAT by 10%), Edinburgh (guarantee an interview), check if any contextual points for HYMS and Birmingham

Thank you, will definitely look into those medical schools.
Reply 7
I got 2730 Band 2. A*A*A predictions. 10gcses all grade 7 except one 8 two 6's. Is it safe to apply ? I am non contextual
Hi!
I am international student looking to apply to KMMS. How many GCSEs does KMMS look at?
I've been on their website, but their selection process is slightly confusing - do they base it on surpassing minimum entry requirements and the UCAT?
Reply 9
Hi, can anyone tell me exactly how KMMS shortlists. I heard they compare ur GCSE scores to ur school’s but what if u get around the same as ur peers? My school’s attainment 8 is 52.1 if mine was nearly 70 should I give it a go?
(edited 7 months ago)
My schools attainment 8 score is 75.6 which I think? is quite high so do u think i shouldnt apply to kmms?
Reply 11
Original post by Etta2001!
My schools attainment 8 score is 75.6 which I think? is quite high so do u think i shouldnt apply to kmms?

research which medical schools value your strongest parts of your application.
Reply 12
Hi,

apply to birmingham your gcses are really good apply to exeter too.
GCSEs:977776666

A level- A*AA predicted. Achieved a C in core maths

Ucat score: 2490 band 2.

Attainment 8 for secondary school: 53.2

Can I apply to kent?
Original post by growpxx
apply to birmingham your gcses are really good apply to exeter too.

birmingham score eng lang and their eng lang grade is 7, which loses some points in bham's scoring system, and generally a higher ucat is needed, depending on how many contextual points they receive. for exeter 3A* are needed to be selected for interview if non contextual, and if contextual A*A*A is needed with a high ucat.
Original post by Etta2001!

yes that is high, so i wouldn't advise applying to kmms
Reply 16
Hello, I am Graduate Applicant to Kent and Medway. I got 2,860 and Band 1
I got 2:1 Biomedical sciences
my A-level grades are ABB
I know Grads are supposed to the CASPER test but I know nothing about this
I was also wondering do I have a shot at Kent and Medway
Reply 17
My secondary schools attainment 8 is 72. Would you say it’s not worth applying, despite having straight 9’s at GCSE?
Reply 18
I have got AAA in alevels

99876655 in gcse since I did my gcse in 2021 I couldn't get the attainment 8

2590 band 3 in ucat

have I got a chance in getting an interview ?
Reply 19
A*ABC in a levels (history, bio, chem, maths)
GCSES
99999999 in bio, chem, physics, maths, eng lit, eng language, history, religious studies
and 888 in citizenship, further maths, computer science
7 in french

ucat
2630 b1
730 in vr
640 in ar & dm
620 in qr

contextual flags: ucat bursary, sixth form bursary, free school meals, polar 4 quintile 2

is it worth applying?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending