The Student Room Group

Any Ulster Loyalists on here?

Just wanting if there were any Ulster Loyalists on TSR?

An Ulster Loyalist is someone who supports the Glorious Revolution, English Bill of Rights and Protestant Monarchy. Also the continuation of Ulster within the British nation state.

This is different from an Ulster Unionist who is someone who supports the Parliamentary Union with Westminster at any cost. Rather than supporting a specific constitutional settlement as an Ulster Loyalist does.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
Original post by Melancholy

Haha...you mischief maker, you! :wink:
Check out - Peep O'Day Boys on Youtube
Check out - The Peep O'Day Boys on Youtube!!
Original post by william walker
Just wanting if there were any Ulster Loyalists on TSR?

An Ulster Loyalist is someone who supports the Glorious Revolution, English Bill of Rights and Protestant Monarchy. Also the continuation of Ulster within the British nation state.

This is different from an Ulster Unionist who is someone who supports the Parliamentary Union with Westminster at any cost. Rather than supporting a specific constitutional settlement as an Ulster Loyalist does.
Original post by United Ulsterman
Check out - Peep O'Day Boys on Youtube

[video="youtube;r_ijXYOkI2Q"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_ijXYOkI2Q[/video]
No dubstep version?
As someone from the bit of Ulster than is thankfully free from you - I'm loyal to that :wink:
Original post by Saoirse:3
As someone from the bit of Ulster than is thankfully free from you - I'm loyal to that :wink:

What is your opinion of the IRA?

Assuming you refer to the pIRA of the Troubles era: I understand why they did what they did, and fully support their aim of bringing about a United Ireland and emancipating the oppressed Catholic population of Northern Ireland, but regard the killing of civilians even in an armed conflict as unacceptable.
Assuming you refer to the pIRA of the Troubles era: I understand why they did what they did, and fully support their aim of bringing about a United Ireland and emancipating the oppressed Catholic population of Northern Ireland, but regard the killing of civilians even in an armed conflict as unacceptable.

You know maybe if there weren't the Provo's in Ulster then the Loyalists wouldn't have put in Penal laws against Catholics or rather non-Protestants. It was the natural reaction of the Loyalists to seeking to maintain themselves against the Irish state, Republicans and the increasing Liberalism of the British government.

So one can also understand why the Loyalists did what they did. The difference is the Loyalists were the ones who's existence was threatened and their way of life doomed. The IRA were just doing it because they wanted more power. Loyalists were fighting for their survival not only against the IRA and Irish state, but also the British government. Always funny to hear IRA supporters talk about wanting the Brits out, when it is the Loyalists who opposed the British government in the first place. However we all know what they mean when they say Brits, they mean the Loyalists. Up the Orange!

If you are in Ulster then you aren't free from me. :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)

What is your view of the PAF?
As I am living in Ulster, I can safely say that I support the GSP (Golden Sun Party).
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
As I am living in Ulster, I can safely say that I support the GSP (Golden Sun Party).

[video="youtube;GHcacuqUEcA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHcacuqUEcA[/video]
Original post by william walker
What is your view of the PAF?

Bunch of orange jobless oompa loompas who needed to get laid, get jobs, watch movies and take themselves less seriously. Same with the Orange Order - dressing up in fancy clothes and doing all those marches. Bit like the Pope, ironically. Bit sad when they list 'walking with banners' as their hobbies.
(edited 8 years ago)

I liked their accents.
Bunch of orange jobless oompa loompas who needed to get laid, get jobs, watch movies and take themselves less seriously. Same with the Orange Order - dressing up in fancy clothes and doing all those marches. Bit like the Pope, ironically. Bit sad when they list 'walking with banners' as their hobbies.

I see. So what do you think of INLA?
Original post by apronedsamurai
Proud member of Cairde Shinn Féin here.

Tiocfaidh ár :smile:

But I am Pro-Republican NOT Anti-Loyalist.

Well that's nice. However if you are a Republican you oppose Loyalism. Unless you want Ulster to be Loyalist and Ireland to be Republican, then I could go with that.
Original post by Celebi899
Both republicans and loyalists are just so irritating tbh. Bunch of babies crying over spilled milk.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What the institutions of the state? Is that spilled milk? Or something which actually matters? You are you just being flippant?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending