The Student Room Group

International Relations or Politics & International Relations?

I was just wondering whether or not there's a significant difference in employment opportunities for studying straight IR OR Politics&IR (joint honours)? I would like to work in government or international security and am currently doing Politics as an A Level.
Original post by harrietemily
I was just wondering whether or not there's a significant difference in employment opportunities for studying straight IR OR Politics&IR (joint honours)? I would like to work in government or international security and am currently doing Politics as an A Level.

No there isn't.
Reply 2
Original post by jelly1000
No there isn't.

Original post by harrietemily

So much of getting a job is down to you- your soft skills, your work experience and in the case of the civil service how you answer all the tests you have to go through
They are essentially the same subject - along with those called 'International Politics', 'Global Politics' and so on - BUT whatever they are called, courses at each individual Uni will be different with different options and a different 'slant', so read the course descriptions carefully, don't just choose the Uni.

Lots of advice here on applying for Politics - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Politics_Degree

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending