The Student Room Group

Six easy ways to get ahead at half term

Half Term is the perfect time to consolidate what you’ve learned since September and anticipate what you’re going to cover up until Christmas and (dare we say it) prep a bit for any upcoming mocks. If you really want to get ahead and make some serious progress towards those target grades, half term just can’t be ignored.... Read More

So how's everyone planning on using half term?

Lots of productivity
Or catching up on some much needed chilling?
(edited 8 years ago)
I disagree with 6 as it does not benefit me at all.
Original post by inachigeek21

:laugh: Hope you read this when you burn out
Reply 3
****, Already spent half the week in bed, maybey I should go to the pub.
Reply 4
Original post by Imperion
:laugh: Hope you read this when you burn out

People need to understand that burning out doesn't happen to everyone. It does not happen to me because I enjoy revising and learning because I know it will mean I go into exams really confident. I'm not saying half term is for 24/7 revision, however a few hours a day to get ahead and make some notes will do no harm to me.
Original post by kennethdcharles
People need to understand that burning out doesn't happen to everyone. It does not happen to me because I enjoy revising and learning because I know it will mean I go into exams really confident. I'm not saying half term is for 24/7 revision, however a few hours a day to get ahead and make some notes will do no harm to me.

No one said it happens to everyone xD Nor did I imply any of the sort. Yes, you've got that right, I do the same, but he said he disagrees with 6 while it is equally important. So, my question is, why did you quote me on this?
Reply 6
Original post by Imperion
No one said it happens to everyone xD Nor did I imply any of the sort. Yes, you've got that right, I do the same, but he said he disagrees with 6 while it is equally important. So, my question is, why did you quote me on this?

I misunderstood your initial quote. I just find too many people use "burning out" as an excuse for not revising. But I understand what you mean :smile:
My main issue is just staying focused revising, I rarely burn out. That is some serious revision.
I'm thinking of travelling.
How are you spending half term? Are there any other essential study tips we've missed to make sure you're half term is productive?

:colonhash:
Original post by inachigeek21

Lol if I start "relaxing" I can never stop relaxing, then end up not doing any work...
This is what happened to me in the half term when I was doing gcse exams...:redface:
Oh good lord - please try to have some fun...it's not all work, work, work surely. There's time enough for all that!
Reply 12
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
:colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending