The Student Room Group

A-LEVEL OCR ENGLISH LIT !! - resources help !

hey !! i only just started college for English and I'm already sort of struggling in a way to make resources and such.

The way my teachers teach are so broad and its hard for me to concentrate and organise my notes effectively for it - idek where to start.

This is coming from someone who enjoyed the GCSE thoroughly, getting full marks in essays and getting a 9 in the end. I know GCSES don't equate to the difficulty in Levels but the step up has been huge and idk how to cope.

For context, we have only covered paper 2 content for the comparative essay for Dracula and The Bloody Chamber (we do the gothic course). If anyone has any resources for these and would be happy to share them I would really appreciate.

if I'm struggling now - is it worth swapping to history ?
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 1
Hello. Switching to a different subject because you are struggling in one is not the most advisable measure to take. Think about it, what will you do if you find yourself struggling in History? Switch to Geography?

Struggle on, Miameni. Such is life. However, make sure you GIVE IT YOUR ABSOLUTE ALL!!! TOTALLY APPLY YOURSELF. Study outside school hours, privately, going deeper than your teachers went in the classroom. Do this for a few weeks and watch your competence/ performance improve.

However, if AFTER GIVING IT A REAL GO for a few weeks, you still don't see any improvements, you can then go ahead and switch. Just be aware that we will always struggle from time to time even in disciplines are fields we are dillies or dab-hands at
Reply 2
Original post by osasman
Hello. Switching to a different subject because you are struggling in one is not the most advisable measure to take. Think about it, what will you do if you find yourself struggling in History? Switch to Geography?

Struggle on, Miameni. Such is life. However, make sure you GIVE IT YOUR ABSOLUTE ALL!!! TOTALLY APPLY YOURSELF. Study outside school hours, privately, going deeper than your teachers went in the classroom. Do this for a few weeks and watch your competence/ performance improve.

However, if AFTER GIVING IT A REAL GO for a few weeks, you still don't see any improvements, you can then go ahead and switch. Just be aware that we will always struggle from time to time even in disciplines are fields we are dillies or dab-hands at

that's v insirational thank you !! agreed, I think I'm going to utilise this half term to catch up on everything within English. I j very much dislike the way our teachers teach as if its a lecture, with no real powerpoint slides and j discussions within the class.

Tbh I realised that every subject is like that tho, ill probably find something to complain about in history anyways and tbh its j a bit of a stretch to swap this late within the year for such a small thing. Ive always enjoyed English lit and I think I came into class with thes false ideal that it would come easy to me because I did good in my GCSEs.

I even managed to scavenge a few resources and organised my notes so I think hopefully im on track :smile:
Reply 3
Now, that's the spirit. Regroup, Refocus, and Prevail.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending