The Student Room Group

Help picking 5th uni? (Physics)

Okay so I have 4 definite choices (Nottingham, Birmingham, Sussex, Leicester) and have one slot left.

This will go to either Lancaster or Surrey. Lancaster is obviously 'better' but it has higher entry requirements and I haven't seen it, whereas I have been to Surrey.

Surrey is AAA, which is the same as Sussex. This is lower than my predicted so I thought I'm very likely to get an offer, so I don't need another AAA uni. But I have two A*AA already, so should I put another in Lancaster, or have a slightly safer option in Surrey?

I'm not talking about the unis themselves, I'm talking based on the fact that I have 2 that are A*AA, only one that is AAA and that my predicted grades are A*AA

What would you do in that situation if you thought both unis were fine for their requirements?
Don't know if you've picked your options yet but...

I would go with Lancaster, you already have 2 safe options.

can you not visit during the weekend?
which would be your first and insurance choice?
Original post by doctor_2_be
Don't know if you've picked your options yet but...

I would go with Lancaster, you already have 2 safe options.

can you not visit during the weekend?
which would be your first and insurance choice?

Surrey is AAA for the Masters and AAB for the BSc. I've spoken to the uni and they will allow people to switch from the Bsc to the Masters at the end of the first year if your exam results are good, as the courses are virtually identical for the first couple of years anyway. Leicester and Sheffield do the same.

If you are looking at an insurance choice then I would def choose the Bsc for the lower grades - I'm predicted A*A*A, but things can be derailed and I want an insurance that really is just that!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending