The Student Room Group

Can you show me step by step how to become a pharmacist????

I wanna know how to become one from a level what options should I pick btw hate maths have to start with 4 so I need 3 main ones and an subject that I can drop year 13 and also wanna study pharmacy at uni but what Unis are good for pharmacy and what should be my 3 options 1. 2. 3. I currently live in Oldham, England???
Reply 1
I’m definitely not biased when I say this, but Nottingham is pretty good for pharmacy! :smile:)

A-level chemistry is typically a requirement for pharmacy, and I would say that doing A-level biology would also be beneficial.
In terms of entry requirements, they vary from uni to uni, so it would be a good idea for you to have a look at the requirements either on UCAS or the university’s website.
Reply 2
What would you pick if you were in my position and what grades do I need to get in I was also thinking of going to my local uni Manchester I think it is pretty good for pharmacy like Nottingham think it is better not being biased what are you thoughts?

Original post by XHannahR
I’m definitely not biased when I say this, but Nottingham is pretty good for pharmacy! :smile:)

A-level chemistry is typically a requirement for pharmacy, and I would say that doing A-level biology would also be beneficial.
In terms of entry requirements, they vary from uni to uni, so it would be a good idea for you to have a look at the requirements either on UCAS or the university’s website.
Reply 3
Original post by aryc_30
What would you pick if you were in my position and what grades do I need to get in I was also thinking of going to my local uni Manchester I think it is pretty good for pharmacy like Nottingham think it is better not being biased what are you thoughts?

The University of Nottingham is ranked 5th Globally for Pharmacy and Pharmacology. Manchester is ranked respectfully at 14. Both Nottingham and Manchester require an AAB at A-level for their standard entry. It might be worth looking at their websites and deciding what would be best for you, as ultimately it’s not my decision but yours!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending