The Student Room Group

Woman flushes newborn down TOILET!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by saxsan4
agree 100%

+1
Original post by Yavanna
Lol, that reminded me of a really long conversation I had with one of my friends from Cyprus while I was in England. He kept making fun of Texas's death penalty and "insisted" (he was joking) that if he were to park his car in the wrong place in Texas, he'd get the death penalty. This went on for a few hours but with different examples (long story), and I don't think I'll ever forget it :'D

Well, actually, there's only one crime that's punishable by the death penalty in Texas.

"The only crime for which the death penalty can be assessed is capital murder. The Texas Penal Code specifically defines capital murder as murder which involves one or more of the following aggravating factors: murder of an on-duty officer or firefighter, in the course of committing or attempting to commit a certain felony offense, Murder for remuneration, while escaping or attempting to escape a penal institution, while incarcerated with a qualifying factor, Murder of an individual under ten years of age, or murder of a person in retaliation for, or on account of, the service or status of the other person as a judge or justice of any court."

I mean, yes, we're uncivilised compared to Britain, but suggesting they hand out death penalties to criminals on a whim is a gross exaggeration. It's not like we execute people for petty theft or something ridiculous like that.

Remember, it's not just ANY murder, it has to be capital murder with certain aggravating circumstances. I mean, yes, we did execute people for piracy at one point, but that was a long time ago.

It's not as if people aren't conflicted about it. They don't enjoy killing people as much as you think, and they genuinely believe they're doing their duty of keeping criminals that can't be rehabilitated off the streets. They execute fewer and fewer people each year. If we enjoyed it so much, would there be a bill proposing to abolish it? I think it's been raised in the legislature almost every year since 2007.

http://texasdeathpenalty.org/?p=160

Like I said, we're about 50 years behind the UK socially. So if my estimate is correct, the last execution in the UK probably occurred about... 50 years ago? Surely there was a time when the UK executed people for murder.

Honestly, I think it's going to be abolished soon just because we can't get the drugs for the lethal injections at a reasonable price any more, and we wouldn't be comfortable with a firing squad or anything brutal that would obviously cause pain.
Reply 82
Original post by Gears265
You just summed up why you people are wired wrong. You can not contemplate that someone can be evil. You think humans possess the ability to be good, yet not evil? In what world does that make sense. They are polar opposites. One does not exist without the other. You make excuses for evil scum with rubbish like "They have a disease", "They have an abusive background" or "They did it by accident". Well news flash, people can possess the ability to be evil, you people just have "the ability to be naive and stupid" to not realise so (unless it applies to right wingers, zionists, bankers, UKIPers ect.)

I don't believe in hell but if it did exist I hope those who have caused intentional suffering suffer for eternity and you know what I could not even care less.

If good and evil must come into it, then I do think that people possess the ability to do good, and the ability to do evil. But to be good or evil? It seems ridiculous to categorize people in this fashion. If this women is evil, when was the switch flicked? Was she good until she committed this crime, but will now be evil for the rest of her life? Was she evil from birth? Did she gradually become evil through her choices or her upbringing? Even if it is true that some people can be evil, their evilness must come from somewhere, hence these "excuses". Nobody is excusing the act, nobody sensible is excusing the perpetrator; we are merely questioning the causes of her actions.
If that evil woman don't want to have children, she will not conceive. Otherwise, she can take the newborn to an orphanage or a church. What a poor baby!
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Helen Keller was blind and deaf and learned to read, write and talk as well as how to communicate effectively with others.

Still doesn't take away that the mother committed a very evil crime that will likely affect the child for the rest of his life. She shouldn't be allowed anywhere near kids for the rest of her life. They should lock her up and throw away the key
Meanwhile theres people who cant have kids.
Original post by Waghwan My Don
Yeah as if saying she doesn't deserve to be called "human" makes any difference, we are the only species that kill for fun or power, so there's no great accolade in being called "human".

And claiming that she should be burnt to death makes you just as malicious and spiteful as her.

She should just be put behind bars made to rot for the rest of her existence, that's all.

That's a blatant untruth. Many animals have been observed killing for reasons other than survival.
Original post by DiddyDec
PTD doesn't normally start until at least 2 weeks after birth.

i didn't know that tbh
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Unless she is literally insane she is entirely culpable here. Though the bloodlust on this thread is a bit disturbing.

Original post by arcenciel21
You are joking, right? Lots of women suffer from post-natal depression or clinical depression or whatever else but they don't turn into psychopaths and murderers flushing people down toilets.

all I'm saying is no one knows her situation and 99% of people are saying she should get killed, which i find extremely disgusting and hypocritical/
Reply 89
Original post by chantalc
all I'm saying is no one knows her situation and 99% of people are saying she should get killed, which i find extremely disgusting and hypocritical/

I don't disagree that it is disgusting and hypocritical and we don't know her situation, but short of being entirely and incontrovertibly incapable of anything resembling coherent thought, she has to at least be held accountable...
Original post by cherryred90s
Still doesn't take away that the mother committed a very evil crime that will likely affect the child for the rest of his life. She shouldn't be allowed anywhere near kids for the rest of her life. They should lock her up and throw away the key

Did I say that she should be? All I did was refute the comment made that being blind and deaf means the child will never be able to know anything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending