The Student Room Group

Ideas on what I could do for my 18th birthday...

My birthday is soon (20th of April) and well I had an idea that I was going to have a party with friends and family then have a limo hired travelling around the town with friends and then finally going clubbing in a trendy club.

But the problem is some of my friends are 17 or 16 - so the club thing would be off the list.

Some of my friends don't like the idea of clubbing so less people are coming.:frown:

I was hoping if yous could give me some ideas on what I could do for my 18th birthday.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
:hugs:

you could always go for some fancy meal kinda thing and then bowling :smile:
Reply 2
My birthday is soon (20th of April) and well I had an idea that I was going to have a party with friends and family then have a limo hired travelling around the town with friends and then finally going clubbing in a trendy club.

Me and my mates did the limo thing a few months ago, I recommend it, tis fun! :cool:
Don't know about clubbing, as I've yet to go...
Reply 3
Oo two days after me :p: have no idea what i'm doing either though.:s:
Reply 4
toga party :biggrin: no one ever agrees on here :frown:
Reply 5
lilac!!

That is a diamond idea.

Or go see a movie, if you happen to be lucky and some blockbuster coincides with your birthday do that. Best thing though is to thrash it out with your friends, see what they want to do, then if it's by consensus it's bound to be more fun.

I can barely remember what I did on my 18th, but then I was drunk :smile:
Reply 6
BBQ, beer, music and a grizzly bear.
Reply 7
Sidhe

I can barely remember what I did on my 18th, but then I was drunk :smile:

I had a party in a bar and ended up fighting with my best mate as my whole family and friends had a mass fight outside the pub. Fun!
Reply 8
gucci piggy
Me and my mates did the limo thing a few months ago, I recommend it, tis fun! :cool:

So did you just go travelling in a limo or went somewhere nice?
Reply 9
I was left in charge of my house for 3 hours, so I had to party and clear up after everyone at the same time
One of my mates fell in the pond :p:
Reply 10
lilac!!

Yeah that sounds good :smile: , but I do that so many times... I just wanted a change.
Reply 11
gucci piggy
I was left in charge of my house for 3 hours, so I had to party and clear up after everyone at the same time
One of my mates fell in the pond :p:

hahahhaa!!! That sounds funny!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gucci piggy
Me and my mates did the limo thing a few months ago, I recommend it, tis fun!

So did you just go travelling in a limo or went somewhere nice?

We drove into the city in the limmo, did bowling and a meal at pizza hut, then we went on a tour of the city in the limo, which was the best part :biggrin: you certainly get some attention lol
except i went a bit crazy at the people who kept trying to look through the windows...
Reply 13
I'm having two 18th bday parties :p: Not that odd tho, I just like to make out it is :rolleyes: Tis my bday next Thursday but tomorrow I'm having family round (roughly 20 people), 4 cakes :biggrin: a lot of salmon, serrano ham, olives... etc, a case of champagne and 3 cases of beer apparently. But that's cos my mum went a bit mad with the whole shopping thing, lol.

For my celebration with my friends, which is next Friday, we're not going mad. I just wanted to hang out in this shisha bar/cafe near my house, but it's ending up in being about 20 of us so the place have reserved us their private room [didn't even know they had one!] which is cool. So basically I'm there to relax and chat with my mates, and it gives everyone the option of food, alcohol, assorted teas+smoothies, and shisha :biggrin: Lots of places give you free use of stuff [eg a private room or bar] if it means they're getting extra business.

A mate of mine who turned 18 last October did a deal with a local bar/club; he waited till the hols and had his party mid-week, so the club let him rent their whole downstairs on the basis that he'd fill it up with his mates and they'd spend money, doing better business than usual. Bouncer and everything, invite only. But of course he had younger mates, so the club said age doesn't matter what with it being private, but if they try to buy alcohol and look too young they'll get id'd.

Another mate did something similar, had a massive boat party, but the staff would only serve alcohol according to id cos they knew some people would prolly be under 18.
Reply 14
Nessyfencer
I had a party in a bar and ended up fighting with my best mate as my whole family and friends had a mass fight outside the pub. Fun!

Is that a family tradition?:smile:

My mate got into a fight with my uncle on his 21st but he was too drunk to stand up so he kept falling over. Our family don't speak to each other. Which is peaceful. In fact at My Brothers wedding, 1 member of our family turned up and a couple of cousins and that was it, and my gran had 8 kids and is the sister of 11.
i like the sound of a toga party!

other than that - house party, naked twister, alcohol, jokes and a giant mushroom!!!
Reply 16
Rubik's Cube Party!

Everyone has to come wearing each colour of the rubik's cube (Yellow, Green, Blue, White, Orange, Red) then your swap clothes throughout the night until you end up with the same colour and solve the 'rubik's cube'

was great fun at my mates!
Reply 17
Barghy
Rubik's Cube Party!

Everyone has to come wearing each colour of the rubik's cube (Yellow, Green, Blue, White, Orange, Red) then your swap clothes throughout the night until you end up with the same colour and solve the 'rubik's cube'

was great fun at my mates!

Bit late mate.
Airel
Bit late mate.

Well, it's an idea for the 20th :wink: .
Fancy Dress. Best way to do it! My sister had a Cowboy and Indians party a few years back for her 18th and that went down really well! Who knew my gran could actually pull off a saloon girl dress! but yeh...fancy dress ftw! hope you have a good time :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest