The Student Room Group

Missing an Exam because of a Holiday

My mum booked a holiday and we fly out a couple days before Geography Paper 3.. i'm genuinely lost. i dont know what to do. can i even get into uni now? we cant refund or change the plane tickets. im so doomed. anyone else know what to do in this situation?
That’s really tricky for you, I’m sorry. Sadly I don’t think you really have any choice but to stay and do the paper. Although sometimes they do cost money, name changes for flights are usually possible. Would your parents have a friend who could take your place? It’s really not nice to have to miss a holiday for the sake of an exam, but when it’s a question of your future you have to put yourself and your long-term prospects first. Depending on the length and cost of flights could you also get a different, later flight? Sometimes time changes are also allowed.
Reply 2
Original post by tiredgiraff
That’s really tricky for you, I’m sorry. Sadly I don’t think you really have any choice but to stay and do the paper. Although sometimes they do cost money, name changes for flights are usually possible. Would your parents have a friend who could take your place? It’s really not nice to have to miss a holiday for the sake of an exam, but when it’s a question of your future you have to put yourself and your long-term prospects first. Depending on the length and cost of flights could you also get a different, later flight? Sometimes time changes are also allowed.

this holiday was specifically a surprise for my 18th birthday. i'd dread not going. its a flight to japan. we're dated to fly out on the 8th where the exam is on the 10th june. I dont know how possible it'll be for me to fly on my own and meet my parents on the other side.. im just so distraught right now.. thanks so much for responding. :frown:
Reply 3
At the end of the day, this is a problem created by your mother. It's not your fault. You can google when A level exams are taking place very easily.

Speak to college and see if there is a chance of sitting the exam at another time, but realistically you really need to do the exam, so either the holiday is moved, or you fly out late. You are 18 so can fly alone.
Original post by Etheriel
this holiday was specifically a surprise for my 18th birthday. i'd dread not going. its a flight to japan. we're dated to fly out on the 8th where the exam is on the 10th june. I dont know how possible it'll be for me to fly on my own and meet my parents on the other side.. im just so distraught right now.. thanks so much for responding. :frown:

I’m sorry, that’s so disappointing. It’s a really nice thought from your mum but yeah, your future has to come first. Speak to the airline and see if anything can be done, I really hope something can.

Quick Reply

Latest