The Student Room Group

Turkey shoots down Russian Jet

...and this, children, was how World War III started

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/turkey-shoots-down-russian-jet-near-syrian-border-and-video-shows-plane-coming-down-a6746206.html

[video="youtube;IMznJBUsD0E"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMznJBUsD0E[/video]
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Oh ffs.

I'm off to the Winchester for a nice cold pint and wait for this whole thing to blow over.
(edited 8 years ago)
We have one common blood thirsty enemy and two countries are unable to put their egos aside and forge an alliance.
Original post by Bupdeeboowah
Sounds like the plot for a Marvel movie.

You are hardly post anything related to the OP these days...
Original post by DiceTheSlice
We have one common blood thirsty enemy and two countries are unable to put their egos aside and forge an alliance.

It's not ego.. Russia and Turkey are apparently striking at totally different groups
I just looked at the crash site. Its in Syria. The plane was shot down in Syria. apparently russia was bombing ethnic turkmen. A syrian tribe turkey backs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Architecture-er
It's not ego.. Russia and Turkey are apparently striking at totally different groups

Turkey isnt striking at anything. They are counting on IsIs to take out the kurds. And cheap oil.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by HucktheForde
I just looked at the crash site. Its in Syria. The plane was **** down in syria.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Take that Fake person of your DP.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The plane went down in Syria?

Turkey claim they warned the 'intruding' jet 10 times, whereas Russia have claimed that they can prove the jet was in Syrian territory at all times.

Take it to an independent tribunal and resolve to avoid future such issues in a political agreement... No escalation pls guys.
Original post by Think People
Take that Fake person of your DP.

Why should he do that?

Does it upset you? :frown:
What plonkers
Quit jiving me, Turkey.
Reply 12
Seems the Russians are searching for their man. A group on the ground claims to have captured the pilot. Not an ideal situation, but one that has been discussed at length and was not entirely unexpected. Russia seems to be claiming the plane was inside Syrian airspace and Russian media are toying with the idea that it was actually the rebels that shot it down. Hopefully this won't escalate.
(edited 8 years ago)
Well done Turkey for being complete idiots.
I don't think it will escalate. Turkey is in nato.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aj12
Seems the Russians are searching for their man. A group on the ground claims to have captured the pilot. Not an ideal situation, but one that has been discussed at length and was not entirely unexpected. Russia seems to be claiming the plane was inside Syrian airspace and Russian media are toying with the idea that it was actually the rebels that shot it down. Hopefully this won't escalate.

Which group?
Original post by HucktheForde
I just looked at the crash site. Its in Syria. The plane was shot down in Syria. apparently russia was bombing ethnic turkmen. A syrian tribe turkey backs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You are aware that a jet, travelling at 600 mph and climbing within Turkey towards Syria could be many miles inside Syria before it hit the ground, aren't you? And that the site of the ground strike is no indication of where the aeroplane was when fired on?
Reply 17

Actually, not an act of war if it was in the wrong airspace, but hey, I haven't read all the articles yet. I'm gonna hide in my nuclear bunker now..
Reply 18
Good on Turkey for not bowing to the madman that is Putin.
Reply 19
I always new World War III would start in 2015!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending