The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

CSM 4 Pathways?

Hi all!

Looking to apply for fine art for this coming year, CSM is one of the Unis I am considering however their "four broad pathways" (2d,3d,4d and Xd) has thrown me somewhat.

As an artist I like both illustrative 2D aspects and also exploring sculptural stuff too, to have to choose just one of the two areas seems too limiting to me, how restrictive are each of the "pathways" and how much movement outside of each one is allowed once you've chosen?

Thanks!
Reply 1
They're not restrictive at all - you're still welcome to do what you want. The difference are pathway specific workshops and seminars. Of course you can still do sound/photography/metal workshops even with limited places if your tutor decides that they're needed for your practice. There's always a way around things if you're bit pro-active.

You don't choose pathway, but it's assigned to you after a first group crit.

I'm in XD and people do all sorts of stuff. They do video, installations, paint, draw, print, perform, sculpt, work with sound. I spent few months purely making digital prints and photo copies. You don't really need to worry about it at that stage.
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Oh, you are free to do what you please. There are no assignments.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending