The Student Room Group

TSR Desi Music Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nucdev
:love: "Kitni Sadiyaan naa jaane, khaamoshi se yunhi, guzarti gayi,
Waqt ke, behte dariyaa mein, jab tak saansein rahein, tu hai meri" :love:

[video="youtube;ywq-CZzQs_s"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywq-CZzQs_s[/video]

Kya baat, kya baat, kya baat! :ahee:

I wonder who this is for tho :teehee:
Original post by Indeterminate
Kya baat, kya baat, kya baat! :ahee:

I wonder who this is for tho :teehee:

Shut it you! :rofl:

Although you might have guessed who it's for by now:

Spoiler

Chalo yeh gaana aap ke liye, mere chhote bhai! :laugh:

[video="youtube;gf8CQgFPwj8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf8CQgFPwj8[/video]
Original post by nucdev
Shut it you! :rofl:

Although you might have guessed who it's for by now:

Chalo yeh gaana aap ke liye, mere chhote bhai! :laugh:

[video="youtube;gf8CQgFPwj8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf8CQgFPwj8[/video]

:toofunny:

Guessed? :colonhash: It's quite obvious :yes:

Nice song :laugh:

Gotta post this though :love:

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Kwqljnl_ccY[/video]
Reply 3883
this is so cringe...

Guessed? :colonhash: It's quite obvious :yes:

Nice song :laugh:

Gotta post this though :love:

Now, to find someone for you, who you wouldn't mind singing this to (deffo prefer this version to the Honey Singh one :yucky:):

"Aaja ab kaisa sharmana
Ban gaya main tera deewaana.....
Dheere Dheere Se meri zindagi mein aana............."

[video="youtube;QPf7Lm-0eH4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPf7Lm-0eH4[/video]

:rofl:
Original post by nucdev
Now, to find someone for you, who you wouldn't mind singing this to (deffo prefer this version to the Honey Singh one :yucky:):

"Aaja ab kaisa sharmana
Ban gaya main tera deewaana.....
Dheere Dheere Se meri zindagi mein aana............."

[video="youtube;QPf7Lm-0eH4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPf7Lm-0eH4[/video]

I don't really like the HS version either :five:

But yes please! :puppyeyes: :toofunny:
Original post by asif007
Haha yes I see what you mean. Bollywood is always extremely reliable for great music, especially the masala films which are thoroughly entertaining. I see quite a lot of overlap between the UK Bhangra scene and Bollywood, hence why I follow both very closely. And it's awesome to see talented artists like Yo Yo Honey Singh, Imran Khan, Jaz Dhami and Badshah performing in both circles. This is one of my favourite Bollywood songs from recent months - I saw Badshah perform this on stage at Asian Network Live a few weeks back, and he was incredible! :smile:

I do like my slow romantic songs occasionally but I prefer good old fast Punjabi Bhangra that I can dance to, haha. Some Bhangra songs are even good for motivation in the gym, although I listen to House and Hip-Hop more often while I'm in the gym, haha. Yes, I stuck to my guns and politely refused to drink alcohol but that obviously came at the expense of making proper friends who would stick by me when I needed some support. I was a sociable person and went to lots of club nights for the music and dance even though I don't drink, just so I could fit it. But I suppose that demonstrates people's obsession with alcohol - they don't care about anyone who doesn't drink and you're automatically seen as "boring" cos you don't need alcohol to have fun. That's been my experience in Leeds but I'm sure it would have been very different in any other city where people are more open-minded and accepting.

Yeah, you'll find good dance groups at any university. I'd encourage you to get involved in anything! For Bollywood/classical and Bhangra, I think the best groups are in London and Birmingham where more people are interested in Asian music. There are also great societies in Leicester, Manchester, Nottingham and Bradford but that's about it. There's no point running a group just for the hell of it if no-one is interested, which is what the groups at Leeds Uni seem to do - and then they end up with **** performances. Case in point: have a look at this performance from last year. Too many dancers on stage, poor moves, lack of co-ordination etc. The Bhangra moves are awful and if I'm being brutally honest, those moves are ridiculous, insulting and embarrassing. Punjabi dance is proud, graceful and energetic - these guys just look silly. The choreography is just so bad. Some of the girls are good overall but they are miles better than the boys, and IMO there's only one good male dancer in this. Thankfully I wasn't in this performance, so it's not me (lol) :tongue: Tell me who you think it is and let's see if we think it's the same person, haha.

Yeah I've seen the Umrao Jaan remake with Aishwarya Rai. My mum is a big fan of the original with Rekha but I haven't seen that one. The soundtrack of Aishwarya's version is beautiful, I love all the songs but especially this one. :smile:

I was doing Medicine in Leeds and had never failed any exams before this one. But it's just proven to me that their exam system is deeply flawed, unfair and deceptive. For now, I'm still aiming to finish Medicine and qualify but I have more motivation for performing arts and doing more film shoots. I've had a taste of it and now I want more, haha. My uni experience has been such a let-down and this year has been awful but I was more happy in those 3 days shooting Housefull 3 than I have been all year. No way am I giving up the chance to do more film shoots and meet more film stars. :tongue:

I know right! Some of them are really talented. I quite like Imran Khans music can't ever seem to get enough of Aaja we mahiya.

Kar gayi chull is such a good song, it's so upbeat, it really picks you me haha, yeah exactly fast music is motivating. I haven't seen the movie it's from though, so I might watch that soon. Recently since you showed me asif khans new medley I've been listening to that! 🙂 It's so nice, it has all the good songs in it!

That's true people do seem to have an obsession with alcohol these days, it's not good. Well your cursed if you have it anyway in Islam but some people do anyway

Wait I don't get it, if no ones interested then how did they manage to run them? I think the stage they had was too small for the amount of them. I see what you mean - half of them can't be seen. The guys are out of sync. Hmm I think maybe the better one is with the tall one on the left, or the one next to him?

image.png
You should watch the original one, it's really long but the end made me cry when I watched it! I love the storyline. Yeah the songs in the aishwarya one are beautiful, my favourite one in it is main na mil sakun 🙂

Wow Medicine, you must have worked so hard! Oh so how much do you have left of your degree then?

Ahh okay, well it's good you experienced all the film shooting stuff! But is it hard to get into a film shoot, how do you find them?
(edited 7 years ago)

I don't really like the HS version either :five:

But yes please! :puppyeyes: :toofunny:

But nothing can beat the original imo :u:

Sure there's no-one from your childhood to make my life easier? :teehee:

Am I the only one to think that Akshay Kumar and his movies have easily provided the best bollywood songs compared to other actors???
[video="youtube;156eApJ-efA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=156eApJ-efA[/video]

Anyways , IL put on a great classic which everybody will probably love ^^

Udit Narayan is so underrated and an amazing singer!!
Reply 3889
Original post by Dhanny
Am I the only one to think that Akshay Kumar and his movies have easily provided the best bollywood songs compared to other actors???
[video="youtube;156eApJ-efA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=156eApJ-efA[/video]

Anyways , IL put on a great classic which everybody will probably love ^^

Udit Narayan is so underrated and an amazing singer!!

I agree, Akshay is one of the best romantic actors and his films always have lovely music. Here's one of my favourites. :smile:

Reply 3890
Original post by shazy2014
I know right! Some of them are really talented. I quite like Imran Khans music can't ever seem to get enough of Aaja we mahiya.

Kar gayi chull is such a good song, it's so upbeat, it really picks you me haha, yeah exactly fast music is motivating. I haven't seen the movie it's from though, so I might watch that soon. Recently since you showed me asif khans new medley I've been listening to that! 🙂 It's so nice, it has all the good songs in it!

That's true people do seem to have an obsession with alcohol these days, it's not good. Well your cursed if you have it anyway in Islam but some people do anyway

Wait I don't get it, if no ones interested then how did they manage to run them? I think the stage they had was too small for the amount of them. I see what you mean - half of them can't be seen. The guys are out of sync. Hmm I think maybe the better one is with the tall one on the left, or the one next to him?

image.png
You should watch the original one, it's really long but the end made me cry when I watched it! I love the storyline. Yeah the songs in the aishwarya one are beautiful, my favourite one in it is main na mil sakun 🙂

Wow Medicine, you must have worked so hard! Oh so how much do you have left of your degree then?

Ahh okay, well it's good you experienced all the film shooting stuff! But is it hard to get into a film shoot, how do you find them?

I know, Imran Khan is a legend! I've seen him perform on stage so many times and I even got a selfie with him when he was about 2 feet away, lol. I haven't met him personally but I got to shake his hand when he was interacting with us fans - that was at Desi Beatz in Shaka Zulu club (Camden) a few months back. My favourite songs are Amplifier, Pata Chalgea and Satisfya. :smile:

Yeah, I'd rather stand my ground and refuse to drink alcohol on principle because of being Muslim. I also hate the smell of the stuff and how it makes people behave so badly. I've seen other medics end up in A&E after overdoing it - I never want that to happen to me, haha. It's just a shame there's no-one else who doesn't drink either. In a city like Leeds where everything is about alcohol and nobody shares the same interests as me, I just feel oppressed. The Muslim people I knew would have been the best people to associate with but after the way they treated me so spitefully, I don't want anything to do with them.

I've heard Kapoor & Sons is awesome! Haven't seen it myself but hoping to catch it soon. I would recommend other recent hits like Hamari Adhuri Kahani, Prem Ratan Dhan Payo, Bajirao Mastani, Wazir and Airlift - they are all excellent. :smile:

Oh God no - those guys you suggested are the worst! The tall guy does the choreography so I blame him for how awful this turned out, haha. The guy I'm talking about is circled here - I think he's the only good male dancer in this group.

vibes.jpg

Yeah, you would think that if people aren't interested then nobody would join. But I've learned that the whole thing is a popularity contest. The choreographers basically pick their friends and then pressurise them into joining the group even if they have no interest in Bollywood, just to keep their numbers up. Barely anyone in this group actually watches the films - all they do is watch a couple of music videos for the most obvious songs and then come up with some random moves. They don't understand what makes Bollywood choreography powerful and fun to watch, because this is just painstaking. The Bhangra moves are ridiculous but everything else is just poor and shows no passion. Notice that a handful of dancers get time at the front even if they're not necessarily good while everyone else is shoved at the back. Again, it's the popular people at the front, better dancers at the back. Honestly watching their performances makes my blood boil - it's so hypocritical and pathetic. Lol :tongue:

I have downloaded the original Umrao Jaan so I wouldn't mind watching it at some point. I know the songs are really nice and Rekha plays the role beautifully. I've also heard that Masoom is quite good. :smile:

I had 2 years of my degree left, but TBH it might as well have been 10. Every year I get further away from graduating, and I'm fed up of it. Right now I only want to do something that has the shortest amount of time studying, so I can graduate and move on. Whether that involves me finishing Medicine or starting something else from scratch, I don't know. I'm just so unhappy with how my life has turned out that I'm in despair. Hence why I'm always turning to escapism and watching lots of films.
Asif loved falak tak! amazing song and glad to find another akki fan here!:smile:

I like this one a lot too...check it out:
[video="youtube;-UgrS_B53Yc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UgrS_B53Yc[/video]
Reply 3892
Original post by Dhanny
Asif loved falak tak! amazing song and glad to find another akki fan here!:smile:

I like this one a lot too...check it out:
[video="youtube;-UgrS_B53Yc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UgrS_B53Yc[/video]

BEAUTIFUL song! :biggrin: Love this one too:

Spoiler

Original post by asif007
BEAUTIFUL song! :biggrin: Love this one too:

Spoiler

OMG , really!!!You lucky guy!!!! Tell me all about the meeting man! Thats amazing haha......How was he like?What did he say?you should have took his contact details lmao!And that song......when it first came out, i remember listening to it loads!!! Its a good song but ngl I feel its one of Akkis average songs.....This ones a nice fav of mine:[video="youtube;Kt0f9md9-dk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt0f9md9-dk[/video]
Original post by nucdev
But nothing can beat the original imo :u:

Agreed :five:

[QUOTE]

Sure there's no-one from your childhood to make my life easier? :teehee:

I'm afraid not :laugh:

If you can find a chand ka tukda with a decent personality then I'll be happy :tongue:
Agreed :five:

I'm afraid not :laugh:

If you can find a chand ka tukda with a decent personality then I'll be happy :tongue:

"Chand Ka Tukda" se yaad aaya:

[video="youtube;S0WPSYFm7iE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0WPSYFm7iE[/video]

:lol:
Original post by nucdev
"Chand Ka Tukda" se yaad aaya:

[video="youtube;S0WPSYFm7iE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0WPSYFm7iE[/video]

:lol:

If only that were true :moon: :toofunny:
If only that were true :moon: :toofunny:

Yeh batao, aapke saamne wali khidki mein kaun rehta/rehti hai?
:love: Getting me in the summer mood:

Original post by asif007
I know, Imran Khan is a legend! I've seen him perform on stage so many times and I even got a selfie with him when he was about 2 feet away, lol. I haven't met him personally but I got to shake his hand when he was interacting with us fans - that was at Desi Beatz in Shaka Zulu club (Camden) a few months back. My favourite songs are Amplifier, Pata Chalgea and Satisfya. :smile:

Yeah, I'd rather stand my ground and refuse to drink alcohol on principle because of being Muslim. I also hate the smell of the stuff and how it makes people behave so badly. I've seen other medics end up in A&E after overdoing it - I never want that to happen to me, haha. It's just a shame there's no-one else who doesn't drink either. In a city like Leeds where everything is about alcohol and nobody shares the same interests as me, I just feel oppressed. The Muslim people I knew would have been the best people to associate with but after the way they treated me so spitefully, I don't want anything to do with them.

I've heard Kapoor & Sons is awesome! Haven't seen it myself but hoping to catch it soon. I would recommend other recent hits like Hamari Adhuri Kahani, Prem Ratan Dhan Payo, Bajirao Mastani, Wazir and Airlift - they are all excellent. :smile:

Oh God no - those guys you suggested are the worst! The tall guy does the choreography so I blame him for how awful this turned out, haha. The guy I'm talking about is circled here - I think he's the only good male dancer in this group.

vibes.jpg

Yeah, you would think that if people aren't interested then nobody would join. But I've learned that the whole thing is a popularity contest. The choreographers basically pick their friends and then pressurise them into joining the group even if they have no interest in Bollywood, just to keep their numbers up. Barely anyone in this group actually watches the films - all they do is watch a couple of music videos for the most obvious songs and then come up with some random moves. They don't understand what makes Bollywood choreography powerful and fun to watch, because this is just painstaking. The Bhangra moves are ridiculous but everything else is just poor and shows no passion. Notice that a handful of dancers get time at the front even if they're not necessarily good while everyone else is shoved at the back. Again, it's the popular people at the front, better dancers at the back. Honestly watching their performances makes my blood boil - it's so hypocritical and pathetic. Lol :tongue:

I have downloaded the original Umrao Jaan so I wouldn't mind watching it at some point. I know the songs are really nice and Rekha plays the role beautifully. I've also heard that Masoom is quite good. :smile:

I had 2 years of my degree left, but TBH it might as well have been 10. Every year I get further away from graduating, and I'm fed up of it. Right now I only want to do something that has the shortest amount of time studying, so I can graduate and move on. Whether that involves me finishing Medicine or starting something else from scratch, I don't know. I'm just so unhappy with how my life has turned out that I'm in despair. Hence why I'm always turning to escapism and watching lots of films.

Well you kind of did meet him in a way, have you met anyone else before personally, like while doing film shooting?

Yeah that’s good what you do, but I’m sure there are some people somewhere in Leeds who don’t drink? Oh what about the girls, did the muslim girls drink as well? That’s really different though to what I’d expect, as Leeds to have a high Asian population I’d expect there to be some cultured Asians around, who have the same interests.

Do you know I really want to watch Sanam Teri Kasam, have you watched it? I’ve seen the trailer and it looks really good! Ahh yes, Bajirao Mastani has the best songs in :smile:

No way! I think they’re alright, or maybe it’s just my eyes can’t see them well, after all they are quite crowded :redface: So are you saying that the people at the back were made to go there? To me now life starts to seem unfair in Leeds haha

Yeah I guess you’re right, even with other stuff, you can see people have no passion in what they’re doing, they have their own reasons for doing it. I guess it’s kind of like the jobs some people have, they don’t enjoy it but they do it for a high income. I could never do that, whatever I do I have to be interested and have a passion for it

Well imo, do what makes you happy, such a cliché I know but,I mean if you’re not that interested in medicine anymore change it to something else. Whatever you do you’ll have roughly the same amount of studying left 2/3 years. What else would you like to study?Don’t worry everything turns out for the best, you’ll be fine! I’m sure you can turn things around, just make a plan for it :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest