The Student Room Group

Touchpad not working properly

So if I've just been typing or whatever, and then go to use my touchpad to move the cursor, it takes a few swipes before it responds and starts to move.
This seems to have happened since updating to Windows 10, not sure if it's related or not.
Anyone had this?

My laptop is a HP Pavilion G6
I think there is a problem with your driver. I had the same issue with Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Reply 2
^ as above.

What's the exact model? I'll have a look and see if I can find the touchpad driver(s) for you
Reply 3
Same problem on ny acer since upgrading to W10

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
If you upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7/8/8.1 then you'll need to reset/clean install from USB to clear out any problems (windows 10 is still like a beta OS and their upgrade process is unreliable).

Otherwise you can reinstall the touchpad driver found for your device model on the manufacturer's website. Windows may just have installed the wrong driver for you (it installed a Lenovo ThinkPad keyboard driver on my Samsung laptop once....).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alexion
^ as above.

What's the exact model? I'll have a look and see if I can find the touchpad driver(s) for you

Sorry for late reply

Here it is :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by WeirdLittleO
Sorry for late reply

Here it is :smile:

Still having the problems?
Original post by Alexion
Still having the problems?

Yep haha
Reply 8
Yep haha

Can you find the exact product number? Should be G6-nnnnxx (four numbers, two letters)
Original post by Alexion
Can you find the exact product number? Should be G6-nnnnxx (four numbers, two letters)

Oh sorry. Where do I find it?
Oh sorry. Where do I find it?

Sticker on the laptop, on the box, purchase receipt... should be able to find it somewhere

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending