The Student Room Group

Please help me get a B in chemistry :(

I'm on an A* in politics and an A in biology but a U in chemistry. I don't put anywhere near as much effort into chemistry, but even if I did I wouldn't know what to do...but I need a B to go to uni

To those who do well in it, how do you study it?
Reply 1
Original post by Mvpmb
I'm on an A* in politics and an A in biology but a U in chemistry. I don't put anywhere near as much effort into chemistry, but even if I did I wouldn't know what to do...but I need a B to go to uni

Although I don't study Chemistry, but here are the methods my friends (who struggled at Chemistry) used to get As:
- Do LOTS of questions (here's a website that has lots of worksheet), and don't spend all your time making notes
-Ask for help if you are honestly struggling
-Watch YouTube tutorials (just type in the topic name and you'll find many videos) on a daily basis

You can find some more study tips for chemistry here
Reply 2
Original post by Mvpmb

Haven't done my AS exams yet, but for revision so far, I've been revising notes and then doing past papers. I use chemrevise.org for learning the content and get my pass papers from my exam board's website.
Hey there, i do chemistry as well, here are my revision tips:
1. Do past papers, read the examiner's report (Some people may find that stupid or a waste of time,but it's useful to see where students mess up and which questions can be more difficult to answer).
2. Use colourful pens/paper/post it notes to create large mind maps.
3. Ask a teacher for help! Teachers are there to help you, if you are struggling with a topic why not ask a teacher to explain it again? maybe at lunchtime or when you have a free lesson or time.
4. Okay this one is quit silly but i sometimes make up songs and words in my head in order to remember a particular reaction or a chemical equation.
5. Videos or pictures may be helpful if you get bored of looking through the book. Just look up As/A2 Chemistry videos and many will come up. Khan Academy is quite useful as well :smile:
I wish you luck!

Quick Reply

Latest