The Student Room Group

What do you think I should be when I am older from my gcse grades and a levels???

What do you think I should be when I am older from my gcse grades and my a level options and what course do you think I should study btw at the University of Manchester UK if you were in my position rn??? Remember I picked Chemistry,Biology,Business and Economics already for my a levels.My gcse grades: COMPUTER SCIENCE - 6 (B)
BIOLOGY - 7 (A)
SPORT STUDIES - 5 (C)
BUSINESS - 8 (A)
CHEMISTRY - 7 (A)
PHYSICS - 6 (B)
ENGLISH LANGUAGE - 7 (A)
ENGLISH LITERATURE - 6 (B)
MATHS - 6 (B)
Please May you tell me and help if you were in my position rn
Your the best person I’ve spoken to about this
So thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by aryc_30
What do you think I should be when I am older from my gcse grades and my a level options and what course do you think I should study btw at the University of Manchester UK if you were in my position rn??? Remember I picked Chemistry,Biology,Business and Economics already for my a levels.My gcse grades: COMPUTER SCIENCE - 6 (B)
BIOLOGY - 7 (A)
SPORT STUDIES - 5 (C)
BUSINESS - 8 (A)
CHEMISTRY - 7 (A)
PHYSICS - 6 (B)
ENGLISH LANGUAGE - 7 (A)
MATHS - 6 (B)
So thanks.

Hi, it 100% depends on what you genuinely have a passion for and enjoy! Look at different courses that want the A-level options you’ve chosen to help narrow it down but don’t worry too much about your GCSE grades because unis generally look for a pass in maths and English which you have! Good luck!
Reply 2
GCSEs aren't that important when looking at university courses (especially as you got a 6 in english and maths). I would look at courses you're interested in and just go through one by one with either a yes or no answer (you'll whittle them down quite quickly). If I was you, I wouldn't just focus on Manchester courses as you'll presumably still apply to 4 other universities. Does your school have a subscription to a website such as unifrog, in which you can put in your alevels and it suggests possible subject choices (there's probably some free websites you could use instead), which you could use as a starting point. The most important thing is to focus on what you actually want to do, but keep open-minded at first, unless you're deadset on something
Reply 3
Ye but idk what I enjoy and have passion about from my a levels I picked chemistry,biology,business and economics what can I study like I have to go university of Manchester and what courses are good and fun and related please what would you do if you were in my position thank you best person gone too so far.

Original post by subbhy
Hi, it 100% depends on what you genuinely have a passion for and enjoy! Look at different courses that want the A-level options you’ve chosen to help narrow it down but don’t worry too much about your GCSE grades because unis generally look for a pass in maths and English which you have! Good luck!
Original post by aryc_30
BIOLOGY - 7 (A)
SPORT STUDIES - 5 (C)
BUSINESS - 8 (A)
CHEMISTRY - 7 (A)
PHYSICS - 6 (B)
ENGLISH LANGUAGE - 7 (A)
MATHS - 6 (B)
So thanks.

We shouldn’t be the ones for you to decide I would advise you to enter a career on the basis of you know you’ll not only have fun, but be self-proficient at can be able to do and enjoy and you’ll not look back with regret we cannot assume or presume through grades or predictions for you what you can be able to do speak to responsible adults like your family, attend open days and career events to work out the potential career paths and what qualifications you need and how you’d get there and what rewards and benefits are in store waiting for you as hardwork provided you give it pays off
Reply 5
Ye but what course would you do if you were in my position for example like what course has the same a level knowledge and gcse grades achievement etc need help???

Original post by Infinxty09
GCSEs aren't that important when looking at university courses (especially as you got a 6 in english and maths). I would look at courses you're interested in and just go through one by one with either a yes or no answer (you'll whittle them down quite quickly). If I was you, I wouldn't just focus on Manchester courses as you'll presumably still apply to 4 other universities. Does your school have a subscription to a website such as unifrog, in which you can put in your alevels and it suggests possible subject choices (there's probably some free websites you could use instead), which you could use as a starting point. The most important thing is to focus on what you actually want to do, but keep open-minded at first, unless you're deadset on something
Reply 6
Original post by aryc_30
Ye but what course would you do if you were in my position for example like what course has the same a level knowledge and gcse grades achievement etc need help???

1. Why are you taking 4 alevels, basically everywhere only needs 3. It's better to take 3 and get higher grades, then take 4 and get lower grades. They're not easy

2. I don't know what grades you're predicted, which is info you need to know really for choosing a course

3. I'm not picking a course for you, and a lot of other people won't do either. If you want to find a course then you have to look for one yourself, sorry. Your whole future could depend on it, so it's something you need to spend time sitting and thinking about and not get someone else to choose for you. I'd still recommend finding a website where you put in your alevels and it gives you suggested courses, as a starting point
Reply 7
I dropped Economics and the link that helped me was
https://www.theuniguide.co.uk/a-level-explorer

Original post by aryc_30
BIOLOGY - 7 (A)
SPORT STUDIES - 5 (C)
BUSINESS - 8 (A)
CHEMISTRY - 7 (A)
PHYSICS - 6 (B)
ENGLISH LANGUAGE - 7 (A)
MATHS - 6 (B)
So thanks.

Quick Reply