The Student Room Group

Reapplying without predicted grades

Hi, I missed my UCL offer of AAB for pharmacy and got BBC in Biology, Chemistry and Physics respectively. I plan on retaking only Chemisty and Physics, however my school have refused to provide me with predicted grades.

I read on here that when reapplying without predicted grades, universities assume that you’ll improve by one grade. This would make my predicted grades to be AB(B) which won’t be enough. However if I retake all three of my alevels I might have a chance of getting an offer.

I think it’s not worth retaking all three since I’ve already achieved a B. Is it possible for me to put all three of them as pending initially? And then if I get an offer I can ask the uni to retake only Chemistry and Physics?
Original post by Bukky07
Hi, I missed my UCL offer of AAB for pharmacy and got BBC in Biology, Chemistry and Physics respectively. I plan on retaking only Chemisty and Physics, however my school have refused to provide me with predicted grades.

I read on here that when reapplying without predicted grades, universities assume that you’ll improve by one grade. This would make my predicted grades to be AB(B) which won’t be enough. However if I retake all three of my alevels I might have a chance of getting an offer.

I think it’s not worth retaking all three since I’ve already achieved a B. Is it possible for me to put all three of them as pending initially? And then if I get an offer I can ask the uni to retake only Chemistry and Physics?

You can do that but it's really risky. You don't have to get predicted grades from your school, you can get it from distance learning colleges or private tutors. Have you considered those?
Are you reapplying to UCL?

Have you spoken to them about your situation and asked for their advice?
Reply 3
I’ve heard that those can be very expensive and that’s why I’m looking to find the cheapest option first. If there’s no other way around it, I could use private tutors as my last resort.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ

Yes, i am. I’ve just sent them an email so hopefully they get back to me.
Reply 5
Original post by PQ

UCL have just gotten back to me and said they won’t accept my application without predicted grades. Should I start considering using an online tutor to get predicted grades before it’s too late?
Original post by Bukky07
UCL have just gotten back to me and said they won’t accept my application without predicted grades. Should I start considering using an online tutor to get predicted grades before it’s too late?

Yh definitely do, I'm applying throughout online distance learning colleges - definitely consider those too
Reply 7
Original post by Jannet2ester
Yh definitely do, I'm applying throughout online distance learning colleges - definitely consider those too

If I may ask, when did you enroll to the online distance learning college and how did they go about giving you your prediction grades?

Also can you please recommend some that I can look into cause I’m a bit lot right now
Original post by Bukky07
If I may ask, when did you enroll to the online distance learning college and how did they go about giving you your prediction grades?

Also can you please recommend some that I can look into cause I’m a bit lot right now

Hiya, so I'm currently retaking bio and chem with a distance learning college. It's AQA for both subjects. So I started a month ago and they asked me to complete a few assignments and they gave a me a predicted grade of an A based on both assignments. They also assigned me a tutor for both subjects who are extremely helpful. If you'd like to know which distance learning platform im using then please send me a private message and I can let you know :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending