The Student Room Group

Am I the only one who doesn't want children?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by samkent6
Personally I think bringing a child into this messed up world is completely wrong and unfair, I for sure won't be having kids and that will be my intentions for as long as I live. But that's my opinion

Posted from TSR Mobile

Who will sort the world out in future? Wouldn't you sooner play a part in bringing up the next generation?
Original post by bassbabe
I don't blame you, they're horrible little things who should be seen and not heard. Don't understand why anyone would want one tbh and the population is big enough already, adding even more brats to it doesn't make sense

You were that age once and you pissed people off too.
If you asked me now I would say no. But it is one of those things I am probably goign to end up doing because I know I will regret it if I don't. What is more likely to happen is that I never find anyone to make them with or something. Or I just never develop enough as a person :sad:

It also isn't that I don;t like children. It is the massive effort it takes (and money) bringing up another human. I don't really get people who hate children, sure they can be annoying but that's because they are children. But have you seen adults? They can be a really pain in the ass.

Original post by Fullofsurprises
Who will sort the world out in future? Wouldn't you sooner play a part in bringing up the next generation?

"Kids are great, Apu. You can teach them to hate the things you hate" ~ Homer Simpson

Wise words.
(edited 8 years ago)

Yes, you're the only person in the entire world with this view.
I don't blame you, they're horrible little things who should be seen and not heard. Don't understand why anyone would want one tbh and the population is big enough already, adding even more brats to it doesn't make sense

Yet here you are on a student room alive and well,sounds ironic.
Original post by El chapo93
Yet here you are on a student room alive and well,sounds ironic.

Looks like El chapo has returned from his trolling grave again kids.

He isn't trolling, you made a very ironic and silly remark.
Original post by stevennotyou
He isn't trolling, you made a very ironic and silly remark.

El chapo is a troll!! He has created multiple accounts in the past under different names which have all been closed down and reported for trolling!!

The remarks you made were ironic,somebody else has pointed that out to you already
El chapo is a troll!! He has created multiple accounts in the past under different names which have all been closed down and reported for trolling!!

Either way your comment was ironic
It is a very personal thing. Some people don't and put their energies into other aspects of life, which is perfectly legitimate.

For us, having children was the most meaningful and wonderful thing ever to enter our married life. But that is our way, and yours is no one's business but your own.

I don't particularly want kids at the moment either but insulting them is just unnecessary. You sound like the horrible little brat to me.
I don't want kids.

- I don't know how to interact with young children; I have zero maternal instinct and I'm not a touchy-feely person. I want to have a decent conversation and babies aren't exactly known for their intellect.

- I want to keep my looks. Getting pregnant, dealing with the pain of childbirth, being kept awake all night by screaming infants... No thanks; I don't want to put on weight, I don't want grey hairs, and I don't want wrinkles, nor do I want bags under my eyes.

- I want to keep my freedom. I like making art, eating at resturants, and watching The Walking Dead... I'm not trading that for playgrounds, McDonalds, and In The Night Garden. I want a social life and a career.

- I want to keep my money. I'm a saver; I buy what I need and I buy it for me. Having a child is very expensive; I'm not going to let anyone pester me for toys/sweets/iPhones and I'm not going to deal with the embarrassment of public tantrums.

- I want to keep clean. I'm not going to spend hours cleaning up after a baby; they leak at both ends and I don't want to walk around with puke on my shoulder. Ew.

- There's no guarantee that my children would be successful and/or like me. They could end up mixing with the wrong crowd, dealing drugs, then going to prison for murder. What am I supposed to do then? The only benefit of having children is having someone to look after you when you're older; what if your kids can't be bothered?

- Overpopulation and the fact that the world is nowhere near perfect. For the most part, I'd be bringing my offspring into a world of stupidity, bigotry, and crime.

I can't help but shake my head when people say they want more than two kids; the amount of stress involved with that would be phenomenal.

Bottom line: I want to enjoy my life; I don't want to spend it helping someone else live theirs.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by I hate oysters
I don't particularly want kids at the moment either but insulting them is just unnecessary. You sound like the horrible little brat to me.

Oh bore off zzzzz

Original post by samzy21
I'm 23 and single too, not planning to be in a relationship any time soon either.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're 23!

Post back in 10-15 years' time and see how you feel.
Original post by samkent6
Personally I think bringing a child into this messed up world is completely wrong and unfair, I for sure won't be having kids and that will be my intentions for as long as I live. But that's my opinion

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes.. I completely agree but I am open to adopting. I can't stand the idea of a kid going up without a parent, me being an adoptee myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh bore off zzzzz

K.
Idk.

I didn't think I would want them but idk.

Tbh I think it's extremely selfish to bring a child into this craphole.
Original post by driftawaay
No, you arent the only one, I dont like kids and won't have them either. :smile:

Thank **** for that
Relationships are becoming less important, whilst for women it has increased by 20% (since the 60s) it has dropped equally for men. So it's an odd one to say the least, men don't feel like it's worth it for them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending