The Student Room Group

If you don’t have kids or get married

Are you ok with that? Or is life over?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I’ve been married and tbh I don’t think it’s something I want to do again but I would love to find someone to have a family with
Well, I won't ever be married or have kids. So yup, definitely :smile:
Yep
Doesn’t seem that bad.
Original post by Anonymous
Or is life over?

Given all the wonderful things you could do with your life that doesn't involve marriage or kids? Of course it is not over.
Reply 6
How old you????
Reply 7
Reply 8
I'm not going to get married and am only going to have one child.
Plenty of people choose to be child-free because they don't want any children, view their career as their ultimate priority ruling out having a family on that basis, know that they would not be suited to being a parent, do not want the expense nor commitment that come with responsibility for a child or know that they cannot provide the basics for themselves let alone a child.
Reply 9
I'm OK with that and see it as the preferable option :yes:
Reply 10
I don’t have kids nor am I married, but I babysit my niece quiet often and I must say the responsibility of raising a child and family dread me. If I grow up old childless, I think it would be so much better scenario, but I do want to find someone to experience and enjoy this life journey.
Reply 11
Original post by CrystalDeet
I’ve been married and tbh I don’t think it’s something I want to do again but I would love to find someone to have a family with

Marriage not good?
I wouldn't go as far as saying that my life would be over, but I do have a desire to get married and have children in the future.
Reply 13
Original post by 5hyl33n
I wouldn't go as far as saying that my life would be over, but I do have a desire to get married and have children in the future.

How many?
Original post by tanstaafiq
How many?

I prefer the idea of having two children, but I would be willing to consider having a third if my husband mentioned it. Of course, I would like to give my children the absolute best, and having fewer children allows me to do so. :smile:
Are you ok with that? Or is life over?

Your life is definitely not over! My ex husband browbeat and bullied me. It wasn’t until he left me that I was able to be myself. I like my single self much more than my married self.

My late mother taught me that you were nothing unless you had a partner, and I have since found out this is complete and utter rubbish. Better without a partner than with someone controlling, who wants you to enable them in their life but is uninterested in yours.

I feel very free and content. I have a great job in customer services helping others and in my village. Appreciate the little things like nature ( I go on lots of walks) good books and films etc. If there’s no trouble in your life, then life’s good.
The option whereby I get married would be the woman that I consider to marry only and want to, and I do want children myself.
I personally don't think a marriage or children are necessary to have a happy and fulfilling life! There are so many other things to find joy in and if you do want children, but not marriage, I think adoption/fostering are great options, too.
Don't worry too much about these things- just focus on living happily in the moment <3
I personally don't think a marriage or children are necessary to have a happy and fulfilling life! There are so many other things to find joy in and if you do want children, but not marriage, I think adoption/fostering are great options, too.
Don't worry too much about these things- just focus on living happily in the moment <3

Top post. The most important thing is to be happy whatever life brings.
Reply 19
I'm not going to get married and am only going to have one child. How?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending