The Student Room Group

***Grow Your Grades 2016****

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I'm in! :fluffy:

Aiming for AABb this year (in A2 Biology, A2 English Literature, A2 Chemistry and As Maths respectively) after a messy 2015.

I look forward to updating "Neuth's Grade Growing Greenhouse" regularly :colone:

Didn't have any problems making a thread... :iiam:
Hi everyone,

I am clueless on how to enter, can someone help please?

I'm doing gcse at the minute and I'm aiming for Maths A, English B my weakest subject and Sociology A.
Going to give this a go! I'm Bethany (obviously), in year 13 studying A2 biology, french and chemistry and aiming for ABB. After 2015 being a complete trainwreck of a year, I am hoping to get what is well above my required grades for the course I want to study (BCC for Child Nursing at Queens Belfast) but ABB are my predicted grades and I think after a tough year it would do my confidence wonders to achieve my goals :smile:
Original post by snowafterfire
I'd like to join too I'm aiming for A*A*A* in A2 History, English Lit and French. I'm hopefully going to be studying History at Cambridge or Manchester next year so I probably need to get revising, this seems like a really good way to stay motivated (and not keep procrastinating my History coursework!)

Great aims! :awesome: I hope you achieve them!
Original post by Neuth
I'm in! :fluffy:

Aiming for AABb this year (in A2 Biology, A2 English Literature, A2 Chemistry and As Maths respectively) after a messy 2015.

I look forward to updating "Neuth's Grade Growing Greenhouse" regularly :colone:

Didn't have any problems making a thread... :iiam:

Sounds good! :yy:
Original post by Buterguinho
Hi everyone,

I am clueless on how to enter, can someone help please?

I'm doing gcse at the minute and I'm aiming for Maths A, English B my weakest subject and Sociology A.

When we get the thread permissions sorted on Monday, you need to post a thread in the Grow Your Grades forum (where this thread is) and use that as your blog to keep us updated! :h:
Original post by Bethaaaaany
Going to give this a go! I'm Bethany (obviously), in year 13 studying A2 biology, french and chemistry and aiming for ABB. After 2015 being a complete trainwreck of a year, I am hoping to get what is well above my required grades for the course I want to study (BCC for Child Nursing at Queens Belfast) but ABB are my predicted grades and I think after a tough year it would do my confidence wonders to achieve my goals :smile:

Lovely aims, I hope you get there :h:
I'm going to try and get involved, since my attempt last year wasn't very admirable. In summary i need to get A*A*AA in my a-levels to get into Cambridge, but i'm going for 4A*s.

PS, do i just make a thread now and begin the blog or is there a fixed date to when we all start our journeys?
When the thread permissions are fixed, I'll be getting involved.

I'm currently doing AS French, English Literature, Business Studies and Law.
My predicted grades are AAAA and hopefully I will be able to achieve this, or at least get 2 or 3 As. My mock results were as follows:

French - B (2 marks from an A)
English Literature - B
Business Studies - C (1 tiny mark away from a B)
Law - A

I am looking at applying to Oxbridge (I'll decide which one after I visit both Oxford and Cambridge in the summer), so hopefully I can use this blog to track my progress and grow my grades into As!
I tried to make a thread on the Grow your grades forum but I got this message:

jessyjellytot14, looks like you are having trouble viewing this page, this is most likely because the content has been removed from the site.

It could also be that you don’t have access to this area of the site or are trying to edit someone else’s post- if in doubt contact us in Ask the Community Team.

Thanks for using TSR,

The Community Team

I'll enter please
Original post by jessyjellytot14

jessyjellytot14, looks like you are having trouble viewing this page, this is most likely because the content has been removed from the site.

It could also be that you don’t have access to this area of the site or are trying to edit someone else’s post- if in doubt contact us in Ask the Community Team.

Thanks for using TSR,

The Community Team

It's being fixed. I have the same problem.
Original post by Joshthemathmo
I'm going to try and get involved, since my attempt last year wasn't very admirable. In summary i need to get A*A*AA in my a-levels to get into Cambridge, but i'm going for 4A*s.

PS, do i just make a thread now and begin the blog or is there a fixed date to when we all start our journeys?

You can make a blog from Monday, at the minute the forum permissions are a little broken :colondollar:
Original post by CatusStarbright
When the thread permissions are fixed, I'll be getting involved.

I'm currently doing AS French, English Literature, Business Studies and Law.
My predicted grades are AAAA and hopefully I will be able to achieve this, or at least get 2 or 3 As. My mock results were as follows:

French - B (2 marks from an A)
English Literature - B
Business Studies - C (1 tiny mark away from a B)
Law - A

I am looking at applying to Oxbridge (I'll decide which one after I visit both Oxford and Cambridge in the summer), so hopefully I can use this blog to track my progress and grow my grades into As!

This sounds great, good luck! :awesome:
Original post by jessyjellytot14

Thanks for using TSR,

The Community Team

Yep, everyone is having this problem at the minute because the forum permissions are broken. They'll be fixed on Monday when the CT are back in the office :smile:
Original post by ScienceFantatic
I'll enter please

Awesome, what are your aims? :biggrin:
Original post by Gingerbread101
You can make a blog from Monday, at the minute the forum permissions are a little broken :colondollar:

This sounds great, good luck! :awesome:

Yep, everyone is having this problem at the minute because the forum permissions are broken. They'll be fixed on Monday when the CT are back in the office :smile:

Awesome, what are your aims? :biggrin:

I would like all A's and A*s at GCSE :smile: and improve my grades mainly in English and maths
Original post by ScienceFantatic
I would like all A's and A*s at GCSE :smile: and improve my grades mainly in English and maths

Sounds great!! :biggrin:
Hi,

I'm a current Year 13 Student hopefully heading of to university in the coming year.

I aim to get 3As in Maths, Physics and Chemistry (:
I would love to enter, but I'm slightly confused on how to do this?

I am 18, studying A2 Biology, Chemistry, English Literature and Spanish. I have applied to study medicine at Durham, Newcastle, Edinburgh and Bristol. I have also applied and received an ABB offer to study neuroscience at Edinburgh. I currently hold a reduced conditional (ABB) medicine offer (depending on interview performance) for Durham after having completed the Post 16 Supported Progression Program (which I would be happy to talk about on my blog). I would like to achieve A*ABB in Spanish, Biology, Chemistry and English respectively but a more realistic A*ABC in Spanish, Biology, Chemistry and English would be great too.

My AS grades were AACCC in Biology, Spanish, Chemistry, English and Maths. I dropped maths at AS as I was a couple of UMS points from a B and I felt that the amount of hard work I put into the subject wasn't reflected my grade. I didn't receive the grades I would've liked at AS and as a result I have had to work even harder to get the grades I need to meet my offers.

I took the UKCAT on the 2nd of September last year and I achieved a score of 2670, which I worked hard for and was genuinely pleased to receive, I would be happy to pass on any tips on how I approached the UKCAT and what resources I found the most helpful. I chose not to take the BMAT for valid reasons, which I would be happy to explain further in the blog.

The reason I would like to start this blog is because I feel that I sometimes struggle with having a continuous revision schedule and meet all the aims I set out to achieve at the start of the week, I think that if I shared these aims with other people I would be more motivated to meet them aims and update my blog.
2nd year uni student here, hoping to get firsts in all my semester 2 modules and an overall first. Aiming for atleast 80 in one module because it's my favourite :biggrin:.
My problem is that I'm not working as hard as I know I can work.If I put in the same amount of work & effort I did at Alevel I would be averaging 75+ in all my modules.I'm hoping that documenting my progress will help me achieve a consistent working pattern.
At university it really doesn't matter how clever you are,if you don't do any work you will NOT pass especially after 1st year .You can get through first year with just learning your lecture notes but as the years go on you have to do more!.
I am really looking forward to this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd love to get on board with this! I really need more motivation to get the grades I need. I haven't decided which uni to go to yet but all my entry requirements are between ABB-BBC. Right now I think I'm about D/C level in all my subjects (some are more C than D) and whilst I am obviously planning to do a lot better, would still love the motivation. :smile:
Could someone help me? :confused: Ive been to the link and clicked on create new thread and i geth this error:
"asinghj, looks like you are having trouble viewing this page, this is most likely because the content has been removed from the site.

Thanks for using TSR,

The Community Team"

I want to join in to get motivated to study and achieve my academic (and hopefully physical) goals, but this isn't letting me do this.. Don't know what to do :pirate2::s:
Original post by asinghj
Could someone help me? :confused: Ive been to the link and clicked on create new thread and i geth this error:
"asinghj, looks like you are having trouble viewing this page, this is most likely because the content has been removed from the site.

Thanks for using TSR,

The Community Team"

I want to join in to get motivated to study and achieve my academic (and hopefully physical) goals, but this isn't letting me do this.. Don't know what to do :pirate2::s:

It's a known problem that will be fixed on Monday.
Original post by CatusStarbright
It's a known problem that will be fixed on Monday.

How come i was able to make a thread then?
Original post by BryonyG98
How come i was able to make a thread then?

It's working for some, but not for others. For example, I'm having this problem too, but some people who've posted in this thread have said it's working fine for them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending