The Student Room Group

azure's sixthform gyg ᕙ(`▿´)ᕗ

hello everyone, this one has been started very late but I've been a lurker for a while but finally summoned the courage to start my own blog ✍(◔◡◔).

*some background about me:✩。♪ 🐚𓇼࿐ ࿔*:・゚🦈ྀི౨ৎ ‧₊˚ ⋅࿐

I take biology, maths, chemistry and latin (as?), and an epq on gene editing's applications in diabetes treatments.
(My favourite is looking like biology content-wise, but chemistry on the fun-o-meter, I dread maths, used to be very confident at GCSE and before but have struggled so far :s-smilie:)

I am an aspiring medic with interests in medical research as well (hence the really long EPQ I am currently rushing with 3 weeks to my first draft deadline :s-smilie:)

I play badminton, have 4 really minor roles in the school play and participate in quite a few science-y competitions, in terms of extracurriculars.

My favourite vices for procrastination are k-pop, books and my phone (I am never beating the loser allegations if I admit I play Genshin Impact and Honkai Star-rail so I will deny partaking in gacha games), anyone who wants to make friends are welcome :wink:

wow this is really text dense but any tips or anything please do message

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by azure000
hello everyone, this one has been started very late but I've been a lurker for a while but finally summoned the courage to start my own blog ✍(◔◡◔).

I take biology, maths, chemistry and latin (as?), and an epq on gene editing's applications in diabetes treatments.
(My favourite is looking like biology content-wise, but chemistry on the fun-o-meter, I dread maths, used to be very confident at GCSE and before but have struggled so far :s-smilie:)

I am an aspiring medic with interests in medical research as well (hence the really long EPQ I am currently rushing with 3 weeks to my first draft deadline :s-smilie:)

I play badminton, have 4 really minor roles in the school play and participate in quite a few science-y competitions, in terms of extracurriculars.

My favourite vices for procrastination are k-pop, books and my phone (I am never beating the loser allegations if I admit I play Genshin Impact and Honkai Star-rail so I will deny partaking in gacha games), anyone who wants to make friends are welcome :wink:

OOOOhhh i just seen this and I was so excited. Im so early wow. Hello and welcome to gyg my loveee. Also damnn so your talented. And I loveee books too and you should tots join our tsr book club.

Anyways, supporting a gyg bandit, I am going to tag people who would love to follow along and give you big hugs and welcomes. @emm4nuella @kayleigh_t.27 @study23! @AspiringSurvivor @milktee @flowersinmyhair @erin11 @agent_duck343 .
Reply 2
19/2/24⋅˚₊‧ ଳ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・
DAY 1:
pretty much no work done, returned from school late because play rehersals

plan for cambio challenge q2 started (2 out of approx 4 points)
recap definite intergration
sort out all my sources for my epq and add to project log/notes/plan
biology homework

⋅˚₊‧ ଳ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・
Reply 3
DAY 1:

biology homework

good luck with your revision xx
Reply 4
Original post by Tatakae L
OOOOhhh i just seen this and I was so excited. Im so early wow. Hello and welcome to gyg my loveee. Also damnn so your talented. And I loveee books too and you should tots join our tsr book club.

Anyways, supporting a gyg bandit, I am going to tag people who would love to follow along and give you big hugs and welcomes. @emm4nuella @kayleigh_t.27 @study23! @AspiringSurvivor @milktee @flowersinmyhair @erin11 @agent_duck343 .

Definitely joining the book club thanks for letting me know ☺️
Reply 5
Definitely joining the book club thanks for letting me know ☺️

nws love
Reply 6
Nice to meet you fellow aspiring medic! I couldn't tell are you y12 or y13?

helloooooo @azure000 ! welcome to grow your grades ❤️ i'm a study forum helper, so if you have any general study questions, be sure to throw them all at me :biggrin:! i also have a grow your grades you can follow: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7404622

also, on TSR - there are going to be live study sessions happening from 4:30 every tuesday! if you want to find out more, you can here: TSR Study Together - STEM vs Humanities! - The Student Room

hope to see you there, supporting team stem perhaps :smile:!
Reply 8
Original post by study23!
Nice to meet you fellow aspiring medic! I couldn't tell are you y12 or y13?

Y12, nice to meet u too, your blog looks super cool!
Reply 9
DAY 1:

biology homework

Ayyy I do the cambio challenge too!
ooh your EPQ sounds fascinating - relating to the rushing for deadlines atm aha!
Reply 11
DAY 1:

biology homework

coldddd, how did you find the first round?
Reply 12
20/2/24

⋆。𖦹 °🐋⋆。˚♡

have like twenty minutes at home today 🥲 this extracurricular load is looking a little bit silly now

requisition for club being hosted next week
definitions sheet for periodicity unit (test upcoming)
ucat prep, quantitative practice (my weakest section 🫠)
as much epq as i can muster before bed time

⋆。𖦹 °🐋⋆。˚♡
Reply 13

my team only heard about it 3 days before 😨 so it was a bit rushed, but I actually really liked the question and all of the ways you could spin it (please don't mind the pun). Hbu?
Reply 14

my team only heard about it 3 days before 😨 so it was a bit rushed, but I actually really liked the question and all of the ways you could spin it (please don't mind the pun). Hbu?

i liked the question too, it put me out of my comfort zone & i’m not very familiar with ecology so the opportunity to explore it was nice
we def rushed it too tho, hoping to not do the same thing this round
Reply 15

i liked the question too, it put me out of my comfort zone & i’m not very familiar with ecology so the opportunity to explore it was nice
we def rushed it too tho, hoping to not do the same thing this round
😂 same
Reply 16
21/2/24
Ok, pretty much no work was done yesterday because I was so tired lmfao, I literally fell asleep sitting up in my sign language lesson 🥲, it's ok life goes on bahahaha. Lots of things from yesterday has been forwarded to today.

: 𓏲🐋 ๋࣭ ˖✩࿐࿔ 🌊

do 1000 words for my EPQ, just whatever nonsense I can think (genotyping of diabetes variants and why it is significant to developing a cure) of then refine later after I cover everything I need to, if I can 1500 or 2000 would be great.

write out and add to poem I am going to submit for a competition, if i can complete it, I will.

latin translation sentences homework

submit the requisition from yesterday after double checking once

UCAT 30 minutes (actually QR tho, yesterday I decided to do exactly one VR question just to not break my streak then fell asleep(in bed))

: 𓏲🐋 ๋࣭ ˖✩࿐࿔ 🌊

currently reading: The Emperor of All Maladies by Siddhartha Mukherjee, excellent non fiction, I highly recommend
Reply 17
22/2/24

early post today, lots of frees at school so going to get work done then too

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・༄🌊

seneca chemistry unit 2 and biology unit 1

EPQ, continue with same section as yesterday (did like 10 words yesterday because my battery ran out 🥲)

finish latin homework (will have to ask someone in my class about it because it was really confusing)

trigonometry revision

preread a little about binomial distribution

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・༄🌊

second to last term of school now, pressure is kicking in a lil whew
Reply 18
23/2/24

friday night so going to relax a little, also heard the most crazy gossip about the actual reason my friendship group from the start of the year fell apart today, a little bit shellshocked if anything icl

🌊🐋✮ ˚。𖦹 ⋆。°✩🪼

more epq, will hit >1k today istg

latin revision (as mocks coming up soon); all latin to english vocabulary & case+ending tables so far, quick once over

chem homework; wider reading book report 300 words

already done; seneca and some medicine news reading (need to log interesting article into tracker)

🌊🐋✮ ˚。𖦹 ⋆。°✩🪼

also sorting out things for my gold dofe expedition, wish me luckkk 💪
favourite song of today: smart by le sserafim (not actually a fearnot but why is chaewon so hot this comeback)
Reply 19
omds i forgot 24/2/24, ffs, i did stuff tho
25/2/24

whole day at home but lots of deadlines so will be productive today

☼₊ ⊹🫧₊˚⊹♡🐋

latin revision, vocabulary; english to latin and next vocab test

chem revision; mcqs & notes from save my exams periodicity

epq (starting to feel the pressure a little whew)

my sections for davidsons challenge

if time (maths, stats revision, ppqs)

☼₊ ⊹🫧₊˚⊹♡🐋

did my first ucat full section timed practice test (qr), got 470 😖, not looking good for me, and my mum is getting me and my sister a gym membership, to add insult to injury, does anyone have any recommendations/tips for what you're actually supposed to do at a gym?
taeyong's album coming out tomorrow 🙂 the one light at the end of the tunnel

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending