The Student Room Group

flowersinmyhair's Y13 adventure

Hi, I'm flowersinmyhair and I am going into Year 13 this year. I do A-levels in Biology, Geography and RS and I'm hoping to go to uni to do Biology. This blog will hopefully show the process of reaching that goal :smile:.

-flowersinmyhair :flower2:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by flowersinmyhair
Hi, I'm flowersinmyhair and I am going into Year 13 this year. I do A-levels in Biology, Geography and RS and I'm hoping to go to uni to do Biology. This blog will hopefully show the process of reaching that goal :smile:.

-flowersinmyhair :flower2:

May I wish your journey with luck
As someone who is also going into year 13 and doing biology, good luck! :woo:
Original post by thrivingfrog
As someone who is also going into year 13 and doing biology, good luck! :woo:

which exam board do you do for biology? :yeah:
which exam board do you do for biology? :yeah:

AQA, what about you?
AQA, what about you?

I do Edexcel A (Salters-Nuffield), it feels like barely anyone does it
I do Edexcel A (Salters-Nuffield), it feels like barely anyone does it

Yeah won't lie i don't know of anyone that does :colondollar:
Yeah won't lie i don't know of anyone that does :colondollar:

I don't really get it though because there is a lot of real world application in the course, which I find more interesting
I forgot to mention in my original post that I am predicted a B in a biology and RS and a C in geography, I am hoping to get AAB though (the As in biology and RS).
(edited 7 months ago)
I forgot to mention in my original post that I am predicted a B in a biology and Cs in geography and RS, I am hoping to get AAB though (the As in biology and RS).

that ain't great predicted grades. better get at least that. preferably more like A*AB. Because most decent unis need at least As and Bs, some need A* grades as well
Original post by justlearning1469
that ain't great predicted grades. better get at least that. preferably more like A*AB. Because most decent unis need at least As and Bs, some need A* grades as well

the uni I want to go to requires AAB and they are the highest grades out of the unis I'm likely to apply for
the uni I want to go to requires AAB and they are the highest grades out of the unis I'm likely to apply for

yeah though if you're predicted BCC are you https://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/university-subject-rankings/2023/biological-sciences?&countries=gb getting into unis that need AAB offers?

You're four grades lower than the predicted, that probably won't fly. I've been rejected from unis with the same predicted grades as their offer. For decent unis if you're not at least 1 predicted grade below, or at the predicted grade, it'll probably be a reject - there are many stronger applicants than you.

But I hope you get AAB and get at least as good grades as myself, even with all my disruptions and personal circumstances. You're going through a 6th form, I'm going through self study. Good luck.
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by justlearning1469
yeah though if you're predicted BCC are you https://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/university-subject-rankings/2023/biological-sciences?&countries=gb getting into unis that need AAB offers?

You're four grades lower than the predicted, that probably won't fly. I've been rejected from unis with the same predicted grades as their offer. For decent unis if you're not at least 1 predicted grade below, or at the predicted grade, it'll probably be a reject - there are many stronger applicants than you.

But I hope you get AAB and get at least as good grades as myself, even with all my disruptions and personal circumstances. You're going through a 6th form, I'm going through self study. Good luck.

They are not my UCAS predicted grades, my UCAS predicted grades are likely to be AAB. I know what I am capable of and there are circumstances as to why they are not as high that I am not willing to share with you.
They are not my UCAS predicted grades, my UCAS predicted grades are likely to be AAB. I know what I am capable of and there are circumstances as to why they are not as high that I am not willing to share with you.

in that case, go ahead. i have no authority or power to stop you anyway
Over the past week I have been revising flashcards every day, I've been getting up to date with revision materials from last year (I still have quite a way to go though) by making flashcards and mind maps. I'm hoping to get a few more mind maps done before sixth form starts again next week and maybe some more flashcards as well. Not much else has really happened since I've last posted :smile:
I go back on Wednesday, I'm not sure whether that has hit me yet or not. I am currently procrastinating finishing a mind map on the soul for RS.
I am heading back to sixth form tomorrow, and I'm pretty sure I don't actually have any lessons lol. Means I'll get plenty of revision time though which will be nice.

Also today I procrastinated mainly, I need to get ready for tomorrow which I haven't actually made much of an effort towards but I did revise the flashcards I needed to today.
I went back to school today, it was quite a chill day to be honest. I didn't have any lessons which was nice, and I had a study period (which I now have three a week now, when last year I only had one). I used my laptop for the first time in school, which I'm hoping I'll be able to use for exams because writing is very slow and uncomfortable for me. I did revision mainly, I revised some flashcards and also made some biology flashcards on photosynthesis.
I got two of my UCAS predicted grades today and for biology I've got an A and for geography I've got a B, which is what I wanted for both of those subjects so I'm happy. Hopefully next week I'll find out for RS (I'm hoping for an A). I have been set research for a core practical which is kind of exciting because we get to choose what we do the research on and for RS I have some evaluation questions I need to answer.
This weekend I have revised flashcards for my subjects and I have done some evaluation questions for RS. Tomorrow I'll do some more flashcard revision, some research for biology and probably make some more flashcards as well. I have double geography tomorrow, so hopefully that will be interesting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending