The Student Room Group

***Grow Your Grades 2016****

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CatusStarbright
It's a known problem that will be fixed on Monday.

Thx Catus, I can't wait till monday to start the thread
Original post by asinghj
Thx Catus, I can't wait till monday to start the thread

Same here!
Hi, I want to start a blog too!

Currently doing A levels in Maths, Biology and Spanish, aiming for A*A*A
I had mock results this week, and I got BBC, which I'm not worried about because I did little revision, apart from for Maths

i wasnt able to make a thread in the forum tho, i kept getting an error page?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by BryonyG98
How come i was able to make a thread then?

It's almost certainly a permissions issue. I'm guessing that the only people who can make one right now are people who are either mods or 'subs' (the one's who have a coloured username).

Should be fixed for everyone else soon though.
Aight sure I guess some weird form of motivation can't be bad I'll enter dis
I'm going to enter because I need to try and focus on my grades more. My targets for all my exams this year (:s-smilie:) are achieving a grade A, and I would love to achieve this or exceed it. I am also giving myself the target to not have a negative attitude in class (a lot of my classes have messed up and we only have the next few months to learn the whole content. Teachers left during year 10 so I had substitutes for majority of last year), as well as revising every night, even if for just an hour or two (weekends I would expect to do twice the amount). :smile:
Reply 86
I'd like to enter. I'm in year 11, and have exams this summer.
My targets are:
Maths: A*
Additional Maths: A*
English language: A*
Biology: A*
Chemistry: A*
Physics: A*
French: A*
PE:A*
Geography: A*
Religious Studies: A
This will motivate me to get high results!
Original post by usycool1
It's almost certainly a permissions issue. I'm guessing that the only people who can make one right now are people who are either mods or 'subs' (the one's who have a coloured username).

Should be fixed for everyone else soon though.

That makes even less sense as i am neither xD thanks anyway
Original post by BryonyG98
That makes even less sense as i am neither xD thanks anyway

You are (or were), hence why you have a green username. :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
I would believe this also applies to Scottish Students.

I am sitting three advanced highers and one higher this year. I want AAAA but i've been predicted AABC (gutting, right?)

Advanced Higher Maths = A
Advanced Higher Physics = B (Not sure why)
Advanced Higher Computing = C (I did information systems instead of Computing, so i couldn't code. So i had to learn myself almost. I was almost crashing the subject)
Higher English = A (I have found this subject extremely easy so far this year)

Last year i got: AAABB, then BBBBB the year before.

As you can see... I have never had straight A's. Consequently, my motivation is to finally get straight A's. However, the likely hood will be i will most likely get AAAC (as i've already screwed up my computing lol - C for Computing guys, banter)

Anyway, i will update my blog daily. I haven't done this before so i'm actually excited to start!
Reply 90
I'm currently in Year 12 doing 1 AS and 2 'new' A levels (which have exams solely at the end of year 13 in case you didn't know!).
My goals are to:
Get a B or A in my music AS this year and be an A/A* student in both Sociology and History :smile:

I would like to get AAA-AAB at the end of Year 13 and go to uni to do History but that's another year away!
Aha glad this is back, it's my first time posting on this forum so super-excited about it :biggrin:

Currently doing three A2's with the predictions of Physics-B, Maths with Mechanics- C, Chemistry-C.

Got Psychology-C, Physics-D, Maths-D, Chemistry-E and an overall B in Urdu A-level last year. Dropped Psychology. Statistics and ISA's pulled me down.

Firm uni has offered Mechanical Engineering BEng at ABB with A in Maths.

Aim is to get ABB by focusing and getting higher at A2 and retaking couple of AS modules and ISA's. Kinda scared of my memory problems which is a real struggle. Seems super hard to stay positive throughout but yes I'm gonna do this and prove it wrong!

Have been getting average grades so far but its been two weeks since started serious revision. Plan is to do a past paper per subject from memory (without any revision), mark it and see what I get (which is done for some subjects by now) then go through the content, see where I went wrong and learn/ improve the concepts. Get help from the right person at the right time. Then do exam style questions or past papers (but not all of them, don't want to run out of them). Hopefully this works.
First time for this but need it more than ever! Goals are AAAA so any help is appriciated thanks
Reply 93
Challenge accepted! I'm self studying A2 maths and Biology this year and I want to get A*s in both :smile:
Original post by The Learn Ranger
Is this still a problem? If so, will sort it out as soon as we can on Monday.

Just had another go at it and unfortunately I'm getting the same problem :frown:
Hey I would like to enter!
I am currentely in year 12 doing my AS exams these are the subjects I am doing and what grade I want to get and what I am at now.

Religious Studies B, D-
English Lit C, E
Sociology B , C
Film Studies A, B
EPQ C C

So as you can see I need all the motivation I can get to make sure I get ABBC at the end of year 12.
I'd love to have a go! I'm in my A2 year, aiming for at least A*AA in Bio, Chem and Physics. I have an offer of AAB to study Geology at Durham, but I want to do the best I can.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 97
I'll give it a go. I'm in Yr 13. Last year I got B's & C'sBut I'd really like to get, Business (A),Physics (A) & English (A*). I did really well at GCSE, but A-levels hit me quite hard and external (family) issues have made me drop from a straight-A student down to a C/B student with no motivation. Hopefully this will revive my grades :smile:
I would like to enter. Definable need motivation as I'm in year 11 and lets just say my mock results could have been better
Original post by timelizard
Hi, I want to start a blog too!

Currently doing A levels in Maths, Biology and Spanish, aiming for A*A*A
I had mock results this week, and I got BBC, which I'm not worried about because I did little revision, apart from for Maths

i wasnt able to make a thread in the forum tho, i kept getting an error page?

We'll fix this on Monday - hopefully all the study tools and advice we have here on TSR will help you make the improvements you need. Good luck!

Original post by Phoebewaatvik
I'm going to enter because I need to try and focus on my grades more. My targets for all my exams this year (:s-smilie:) are achieving a grade A, and I would love to achieve this or exceed it. I am also giving myself the target to not have a negative attitude in class (a lot of my classes have messed up and we only have the next few months to learn the whole content. Teachers left during year 10 so I had substitutes for majority of last year), as well as revising every night, even if for just an hour or two (weekends I would expect to do twice the amount). :smile:

Try to focus only on the things you can control - time to stop thinking about the change of teachers and to start thinking about what you can do to nail those A grades. Good luck!

Original post by kennethdcharles
I'd like to enter. I'm in year 11, and have exams this summer.
My targets are:
Maths: A*
Additional Maths: A*
English language: A*
Biology: A*
Chemistry: A*
Physics: A*
French: A*
PE:A*
Geography: A*
Religious Studies: A
This will motivate me to get high results!

Those are ambitious grade targets but hard work and good organisation can get you there - good luck!

Original post by Higherdude
I would believe this also applies to Scottish Students.

I am sitting three advanced highers and one higher this year. I want AAAA but i've been predicted AABC (gutting, right?)

Advanced Higher Maths = A
Advanced Higher Physics = B (Not sure why)
Advanced Higher Computing = C (I did information systems instead of Computing, so i couldn't code. So i had to learn myself almost. I was almost crashing the subject)
Higher English = A (I have found this subject extremely easy so far this year)

Last year i got: AAABB, then BBBBB the year before.

As you can see... I have never had straight A's. Consequently, my motivation is to finally get straight A's. However, the likely hood will be i will most likely get AAAC (as i've already screwed up my computing lol - C for Computing guys, banter)

Anyway, i will update my blog daily. I haven't done this before so i'm actually excited to start!

Yes, of course students studying for Scottish qualifications can enter. How great would it be to prove those predictions wrong? Looking forward to reading your blog.

Original post by HRM1999
I'm currently in Year 12 doing 1 AS and 2 'new' A levels (which have exams solely at the end of year 13 in case you didn't know!).
My goals are to:
Get a B or A in my music AS this year and be an A/A* student in both Sociology and History :smile:

I would like to get AAA-AAB at the end of Year 13 and go to uni to do History but that's another year away!

Sounds like your targets are very clear - that's a great start as it should help with motivation. Good luck.

Original post by thespaceshuttle
Aha glad this is back, it's my first time posting on this forum so super-excited about it :biggrin:

Currently doing three A2's with the predictions of Physics-B, Maths with Mechanics- C, Chemistry-C.

Got Psychology-C, Physics-D, Maths-D, Chemistry-E and an overall B in Urdu A-level last year. Dropped Psychology. Statistics and ISA's pulled me down.

Firm uni has offered Mechanical Engineering BEng at ABB with A in Maths.

Aim is to get ABB by focusing and getting higher at A2 and retaking couple of AS modules and ISA's. Kinda scared of my memory problems which is a real struggle. Seems super hard to stay positive throughout but yes I'm gonna do this and prove it wrong!

Have been getting average grades so far but its been two weeks since started serious revision. Plan is to do a past paper per subject from memory (without any revision), mark it and see what I get (which is done for some subjects by now) then go through the content, see where I went wrong and learn/ improve the concepts. Get help from the right person at the right time. Then do exam style questions or past papers (but not all of them, don't want to run out of them). Hopefully this works.

That sounds like a good plan. It's good to stay positive but there will probably be some 'down' moments over the next few months. This is inevitable when situations are a bit stressful and stakes high. Glad you see how important it is to seek help when you need it. Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending