The Student Room Group

Edexcel Core 3 - 21st June 2016 AM

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jwifiuhrkoa
Q4a was not ln2.5 the answer is 0.5ln (25/4)

That is the same thing as the square root of 25/4 is 5/2 just ln 5/2 is in the simplest form

Pretty sure the answer would be ln2.5. That is simpler than 0.5ln(25/4)
hold up, what was 3c? I can't remember doing a 3c but I also may just be panicking because I've seen other people saying they missed it out... What was the question?

They're exactly the same, ln2.5 is the simplified version
Original post by SaxyBeast98
How many marks was question 1?

Posted from TSR Mobile

5 :smile:
Any predictions for 100 UMS?
If I put y=25 instead of k=25 for the asymptote, will I get the mark?
Original post by Yua
you've made an error, that is impossible

yep I made a mistake. alright
Original post by rk_
i also couldn't find the sign change. I had the interval as [1.2565,1.2575] *something like that* but couldn't get a sign change ANYWHERE!!!! :angry:

You were probably putting the numbers in the wrong equation, you had to put them in g(x) = 2x +7 (can't remember what it was), not g(x). I was getting so angry at that question then I realised XD

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's the same thing because 0.5ln(25/4) = ln(25/4)^0.5 which equals ln(5/2)
Guys for 4a) i wrote x=1/2ln(25/4) instead of ln5/2. Did it say to simplify and how many marks would i lose?
What was question 1a again?
Original post by Reda2
I thought I could do all questions but I didn't!! Exams are simply not for me...

For my minimum grade predictions I need now A in C4 for overall B, or for my maximum marks I got, I will need overall B in C4 for overall B.

My days, pissed me off. How did you FLIPPIN do the question after you proved cotx? I just could not simplify it!

1+cot^2x=cosec^2x
Chief examiner: "what kinda exam you want fam"

Edexcel: "just **** my **** up"
Oh man oh man question 9 was hard at the end. Out of the last 6 marks theres no way I got more than 2. :frown: Otherwise this paper wasnt insane but it was hard and I did find I was super short on time which I never normally am anyone else?
Original post by Yua
someone get me the paper and i'll make a MS

Will send u it
I got too stuck on the last question, hopefully I'll get at least one method mark

With that in mind, I think I lost about 4 marks. Praying that it's at least 95 UMS :colondollar:
Original post by Ainsleyy
Yeh tan4x = something with a 3 and a 4. I think I got the same aswell. 0.16...

For that question the range was from pi/4 to pi/2 so 0.16 was out of the range the real answer was 0.86 or something like that.
Okay i started the cot2x question, got halfway and then did B because i got stuck... i went back to it but ran out of room so I wrotr "continued on the next page." On thr next page i continued from where I left off... I got to the answer but idk whether they'd allow this.
Yup. I just kept trying variations of Rcos/sin(x +/- alpha) until I had one that worked. Solved in the same way as the previous part.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending