The Student Room Group

Edexcel Core 3 - 21st June 2016 AM

Scroll to see replies

Guys I've lost 6 marks could I still get an A*
Original post by zedqr
did anybody get something like 0.1609 for Q5?

My condolences
Original post by fishs003
Thankyou! I don't know the exact mark for question 8b) but would assume it was 5 or 4 or something - I seem to remember a lot of the end parts of questions were 5 marks. Also, I thin all of 4a) was 5 marks.

Creds to
thesporkthief

Number of marks for each question:
1) a: 4, b: 1
2) a: 4, b: 3
3) a: 3, b: 5, c: 2
4) a: 5, b: 2, c: 2, d: 2
5) a: 5, b: 5
6) a: 4, b: 5
7) a: 2, b: 3
8) a: 4, b: 6
9) a: 2, b: 2, c: 4

Thank you spork theif!!
Reply 1783
Original post by Beboxed
Well it gave a range of pi/4<x<pi/2 if I remember correctly, and only the turning point for x = 0.9.... was in the range. If there were multiple solutions, the question would have said find the x-co-ordinates for the turning points (plural).
Having said this I doubt you will lose more than 1/2 marks for putting 0.106... or whatever it was

Ah my bad then. Hopefully only one or two marks dropped since my methods were ok
guys for question 6 if i get wrong values for A AND B do i still get any marks for part b
can anyone tell me the distribution of marks for each question/part? cheers
Original post by Danny2247
Question 9 was almost the same as the question 8 on June 2007, anyone noticed?

yeah i remember!! i was doing the question an was like i swear this has come up before
Original post by EricPiphany
Was there a form for the normal? Will 2y + x = 35 lose a mark? Lol, I was thinking 75 raw...

Nah didn't ask for a form. I wrote it as that too, will be reet.
Original post by hello2you
Creds to
thesporkthiefNumber of marks for each question:
1) a: 4, b: 1
2) a: 4, b: 3
3) a: 3, b: 5, c: 2
4) a: 5, b: 2, c: 2, d: 2
5) a: 5, b: 5
6) a: 4, b: 5
7) a: 2, b: 3
8) a: 4, b: 6
9) a: 2, b: 2, c: 4

Thank you spork theif!!

Was just about to port this back to you! Thanks though :smile:
I just realised how many silly mistakes I've made. If I've got the first part of a question wrong and worked out the answers for the subsequent parts of a question with the right methods would I still get full marks for the latter by ECF ?
Reply 1790
Question 2.a)..?
Original post by CourtlyCanter
I just realised how many silly mistakes I've made. If I've got the first part of a question wrong and worked out the answers for the subsequent parts of a question with the right methods would I still get full marks for the latter by ECF ?

Unfortunately I'm pretty sure edexcel aren't liberal with follow through marks. Can be gutting, I know
Original post by mchocchip
yeah i remember!! i was doing the question an was like i swear this has come up before

I did it yesterday on examsoulutions, but I still managed to forget how to do it today hahah
Original post by zedqr
Ah great :smile: They should accept either then because it did say "value" rather than "values"

Looking at what people have put, I'm feeling quite good about it all.

I do further maths and even though I am quite familiar with C3C4 etc, I'd ay this was harder than last year's, easier than June 2013.

The question stated rhe range of values it wanted and 0.16 was out of that range, the answer is therefore 0.9 :/ srry mate
Reply 1794
Original post by Whizbox
Some of my answers I remember:

6, -5
a=6
x is less than -root5, x is greater than +root5
33.0 and 273.9 degrees
86.1 degrees
y=21 x=ln(5/2) k=25
0.5cosec(4x)
A=3 B=4
y=-1/2x+35/2
-1.866 (think this was exact)
0.294, -2.848, -1.277, 1.865
a=5 b=2

Anyone get similar?

Exactly the same mate, we'rewrong on q5 afaik but that should only cost us 1/2 marks
Original post by cjlh
Unfortunately I'm pretty sure edexcel aren't liberal with follow through marks. Can be gutting, I know

That is most depressing. Do you know how they award ECF marks?
Original post by cjlh
Nah didn't ask for a form. I wrote it as that too, will be reet.

It asked for the answer in the form y=f(x)
Original post by CourtlyCanter
That is most depressing. Do you know how they award ECF marks?

didn't see original post but you may be getting some method marks, just not accuracy marks. if it is a 5marker then you might get 2-3.
Original post by mchocchip
didn't see original post but you may be getting some method marks, just not accuracy marks. if it is a 5marker then you might get 2-3.

Looks like they are right about not pulling all-nighters before your exams. I was dozing off in the exam.
Original post by celecia01
It asked for the answer in the form y=f(x)

No it didn't? It asked for the equation of the normal and that's it I'm pretty sure. I even checked.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending