The Student Room Group
University logo
Abertay University

Advice about post application

Good evening to all!
I have a problem... Or maybe I have not and I might be just too enthusiastic but after accepting an unconditional offer in Game Design about... Two weeks ago, I feel confused about what to do next. I mean, I would like to join UP program in august but it still has no date and cannot be booked. When they will be accepting reservations of the course? Also: the accomodation. How (and when) should book my room in Dundee? And when it will be the Applicant Day? I know I have already got a place but I'm eager to finally begin university life and can't keep calm.
I would be glad if anyone could give me some clues.
In the meantime good luck to every applicant!
Hi there! Congratulations on your unconditional! I'm in the exact same boat as you, accepted my unconditional for Computer Arts about two weeks ago!

After reading the whole way through the Abertay website (so excited to start studying here!), I found out on the website's open days page that invites for Applicant Days are sent out from February onwards, and run from March through to April. We'll probably receive an email from them sometime soon.

As for accommodation, the only information Abertay has stated so far is that applications for 2016/17 are opening in the spring, and to keep an eye out on their accommodation page on their website.

In terms of the UP programme, unfortunately there is no way to apply just yet, though I can probably guess that applications will be open some time in spring too.

Hope this information helps! And once again, Congratulations on your unconditional!
University logo
Abertay University
Reply 2
First of all: thank you for your answer and congratulation to you too!
Yeah, I did read those informations on the website (I am eager to start so I HAD to ask here, too, to be sure... Thank you, anyway) and I found out that I can theoretically log in to the applicant portal for checking out the news. Then I realised of not possessing the password nor username. The OASIS log-in page states that "Your username is the 7-digit Student ID number which was emailed to you previously at the same time as your password." but I have just received one mail (the one sent right after the application to Abertay). Has someone received these details?

PS: I will attend the applicant day, pixel harsh! Will you be there, too?
Reply 3
Hey guys i'm currently a 2nd year Game Design student at Abertay so feel free to ask any questions

Quick Reply

Latest