The Student Room Group

How long do universities take to respond in Scotland.

I’m assuming this is a frequently asked question, but I was wondering since I handed my application in on thursday at the end of November. I’ve had a response from Edinburgh Napier but am waiting on Glasgow, Edinburgh and Strathclyde for immunology and biotechnology. I know I’m being really impatient but I’m just wondering how long they took for other people.
Original post by 505arabella
I’m assuming this is a frequently asked question, but I was wondering since I handed my application in on thursday at the end of November. I’ve had a response from Edinburgh Napier but am waiting on Glasgow, Edinburgh and Strathclyde for immunology and biotechnology. I know I’m being really impatient but I’m just wondering how long they took for other people.

Hey @505arabella 😀 Congrats on submitting your UCAS application!

Universities will all make decisions in different ways and at different times. There's no definite way to say when each uni will make offers I'm afraid. Some may start to make offers on a rolling basis, and others might wait until after the UCAS deadline in January. All applicants who've submitted their application on time will be considered in equal measure. Our admissions teams will be considering your application over the coming months and you'll hear back in due course.

I know it can be nerve-wracking waiting for decisions to come through but until you hear otherwise you're still being considered for the courses and that's a good thing. Sorry I can't give more of a definite answer but my best advice is not to panic at all - you'll hear back soon.

Wishing you lots of luck with your application! 🙂

Caitlin 🎓️
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
I roughly waited about 3 weeks to one month before hearing back from all my courses but I had friends apply for the same course that took 3 months to hear back - I think it just depends!

Quick Reply

Latest