The Student Room Group

University of aberdeen (accommodation)

Hi there,

I’m just wondering if i have to confirm my place in aberdeen before i apply for accommodation or do i have to wait until i know what university i am going to confirm?
Most of the time you can cancel the accommodation if you don’t get the place. I spent my first two years in Causeway View and I’m pretty sure you just had to let them know if you got the place or not. I’m not sure if this is still true or if it is the same for other accommodations/ the uni’s student village (Hillhead). If you’re unsure the best thing to do is to contact the accommodation directly either by email or phone, don’t be afraid to. It’s their job to help you and answer questions & they’re usually nice to prospective students (in my experience anyway)
Original post by Anonymous
Hi there,
I’m just wondering if i have to confirm my place in aberdeen before i apply for accommodation or do i have to wait until i know what university i am going to confirm?
Hi, this is the University of Aberdeen rep account. So you will need to accept an unconditional offer from us before you can book onto accommodation. For the accommodation the uni offers at the Hillhead student village we guarantee a place for incoming first years as long as you book before the 30th August. If you're not able to join us (e.g. because you've received another offer through Clearing or want to take a year out or anything like that) then you are able to cancel your contract. I hope that's helpful to know!

I would agree with the above post that if you want information on the policies of other accommodation providers just get in contact and they'll be happy to let you know!

- Matthew, Enquiry Team

Quick Reply

Latest