The Student Room Group

Psychology graphing/table help

Helllllo!

I have an assignment due soon for my Research Methods module where I have to write a results section for two sets of data including a visual representation of my data but I'm struggling to decide how I should represent the first.

Basically 120 participants partook in four trails and recieved a score in each to measure whether they would show improvement, I'm thinking that there would be no simple way to express this on any type of graph so I'd go with a table?

Is anybody willing to provide opinions on this or other ideas?

Thanks!
Original post by Rbutton
Helllllo!

I have an assignment due soon for my Research Methods module where I have to write a results section for two sets of data including a visual representation of my data but I'm struggling to decide how I should represent the first.

Basically 120 participants partook in four trails and recieved a score in each to measure whether they would show improvement, I'm thinking that there would be no simple way to express this on any type of graph so I'd go with a table?

Is anybody willing to provide opinions on this or other ideas?

Thanks!

Check with the lecturer to see if a table is fine as a visual representation. :smile:
You could do four bar charts with the mean score plotted and the standard deviation or standard error or confidence interval plotted as lines around the mean (all easy to do on SPSS). Depending on how advanced your stats course is you can correct the standard error / CI plotting for bar charts with within-subject data, however this may not be necessary.

Alternatively you could plot each individual as a continuous line running across the four groups (e.g. something like this https://gwilymlockwood.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/accuracy-for-each-condition-in-percent-jitterdots.jpg although i wouldn't know how to do this on SPSS (and it may look a bit messy with 120 people!!!)
Also when i say four bar charts, i mean you plot four bars on the same chart, not four seperate charts sorry...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending